Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Ed Reed at it again

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    He'll be 34 years old this season and he has a very dangerous neck injury that could end his career with bad hit. If Reed was on another team, I would not want the Ravens to bring him in, especially not for the money he's looking to get paid. He just wouldn't be worth it. His short term contributions would not be worth the long term impact. Not to mention, with his injury and threat to retire, any contract for him is risky. You might end up paying for a player that is not playing.

And when Ed hits the open market in a huff he will realize real fast no one is going to pay him shit, because of everything you just mentioned. The Ravens know this as well, just like they did with Ray, and are sitting back laughing at Ed's delusional thinking.

Blog Entries

I think another factor involved in the Ravens reluctance to extend Ed Reed now is what happened with Jonathan Ogden. The Ravens gave him a big contract extension with a big signing bonus. Ogden then retired a couple of years into that deal due to his toe injury, and kept that big signing bonus. The Ravens cap was negatively impacted for several years after that. I could see Ed Reed doing the same thing. Sign a new contract with a sizable signing bonus, and then retire after a year or two at the most due to his neck injury and keep that signing bonus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think another factor involved in the Ravens reluctance to extend Ed Reed now is what happened with Jonathan Ogden. The Ravens gave him a big contract extension with a big signing bonus. Ogden then retired a couple of years into that deal due to his toe injury, and kept that big signing bonus. The Ravens cap was negatively impacted for several years after that. I could see Ed Reed doing the same thing. Sign a new contract with a sizable signing bonus, and then retire after a year or two at the most due to his neck injury and keep that signing bonus.
    Yup. I think Steve McNair left us with dead money when he retired to. His contract wasn't as big as JO's but I don't think the Ravens traded for him and gave him new money with the expectation that he would retire two years into his deal. It's the reason that they structured Ray's deal the way that they did.

Blog Entries

Ozzie probably turned this like the 'in other news' section of the paper.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You've said some pretty stupid things here, but cmon man, he played really well in the play offs, but he wasn't the sole reason we won one play off game.
    LLS. That's funny

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    But why do you assume that he has such a high asking price?

His remarks last offseason made it sound more like he was just looking for the security of a nice chunk of bonus money. Ive never heard him complain about his salary or say that he isnt making enough money or anything.

Ravor said he doesnt even have an agent right now. If he was trying to get silly money dont you think he would at least have an agent?
    I don't know but after Webb got his money I read that Reed stated he should be the highest paid in the Ravens secondary

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!