Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed at it again

Lol...

All he wants is an extension...pay the man!!! It would be one great way to lower his cap number this year. I doubt he's looking for the moon. Ozzie can make it happen and keep him around at a cap friendly deal for the next few years.

Make it happen Oz!!!

Blog Entries
    When a guy talks about retiring so often do you really think an extension makes sense? I doubt if Oz does

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Give the man an extension, jeez. Hes earned it.

a 2 year extension going through 2015. He'll be 35/36 and ready to hang it up. I dont want to see him go to another team, just extend him and be done with it.

Hes the sole reason we got as far as we did in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Hes the sole reason we got as far as we did in the playoffs.
    You've said some pretty stupid things here, but cmon man, he played really well in the play offs, but he wasn't the sole reason we won one play off game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    When a guy talks about retiring so often do you really think an extension makes sense? I doubt if Oz does
    Pretty sure if the player retires, that money comes off the books and is not owed, nor does it impact the cap.

Pretty much most jobs you can't say, "Yeah, I'm quitting. And by the way, you're still paying me."

Blog Entries

I think Ed really wants to stay a Raven. It doesn't make sense for him to keep threatening retirement the year before he enters free agency if he's looking for a big pay day. No team is going to tie money into a player that they are not sure will be around. He's scaring off other teams and killing his market value by trying to force the Ravens to re-sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Lol...

All he wants is an extension...pay the man!!! It would be one great way to lower his cap number this year. I doubt he's looking for the moon. Ozzie can make it happen and keep him around at a cap friendly deal for the next few years.

Make it happen Oz!!!
    The way Reed talks, he doesn't appear to be willing to take one for the team. He wants to be paid. Honestly, it might be better for the Ravens to let him test free agency and show him that his value is at it's highest here in Baltimore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Pretty sure if the player retires, that money comes off the books and is not owed, nor does it impact the cap.

Pretty much most jobs you can't say, "Yeah, I'm quitting. And by the way, you're still paying me."

I think it does. The team is still responsible for any bonus money that he's already been paid. I don't know if it remains pro-rated or if it becomes due immediately like when a player is cut. But when they retire, the team does still have to take that cap hit from whatever bonus money that player has already been paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think it does. The team is still responsible for any bonus money that he's already been paid. I don't know if it remains pro-rated or if it becomes due immediately like when a player is cut. But when they retire, the team does still have to take that cap hit from whatever bonus money that player has already been paid.
    Better a year too early than a year too late. Let's get what we can for him in a trade and move on. As great as Ed was,we didn't win a SB with him. Since Belichek is so in love with Ed. trade him to NE for drafts picks.

Sounds like blasphemy to wonder if we could trade Reed but it's possible
    Yeah, Belicheck is in love with him and their secondary is ridiculously young. Of course it makes sense to bring in a wily vet and lead them

But then our secondary is very young too. Even Pollard who seems he's been around forever is only 27 making him one of the older players.
    I say Ozzie ignores all contract discussions and lets him test FA and a deal is done then
    We'll know more then

Ed Reed is looking at those deals done before the rookie salary scale.
    He was once the highest paid safety in the league but not anymore.
    If I was in an organization and a younger person earned more I think I'd feel hard done by too

Shut up, Ed seriously. Just shut it. Like you're really gonna sit out and lose $7M.

11. Re: Ed Reed at it again

Ed Reed is becoming the Defensive Brett Favre.. Its getting a tad ridiculous.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You've said some pretty stupid things here, but cmon man, he played really well in the play offs, but he wasn't the sole reason we won one play off game.

Are you kidding me? He broke up 3 would-be TDS to andre johnson who was getting behind coverage intercepting the game sealing throw.

Any other safety, we lose that game.