Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ed Reed at it again

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=787...ing-retirement

Updating a previous report, Baltimore Ravens FS Ed Reed said he was not referring to retirement when he said he is not fully committed for the 2012 season. He said he was referring to his mental preparation for the season. Reed said he is not considering retirement and hopes to play several more seasons.

Blog Entries

Suckers...LOL haha

Ed Reed is my all time favorite player. But Ed seriously STFU about this BS again!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Pretty sure if the player retires, that money comes off the books and is not owed, nor does it impact the cap.

Pretty much most jobs you can't say, "Yeah, I'm quitting. And by the way, you're still paying me."
    The salary he didn't earn doesn't impact the cap but the bonus money gets pushed up the same as if he was cut or traded. We had that happen with JO and McNabb. Since Reed is in the last year of his deal though there isn't an bonus from future years to get pushed forward so there would be no negative impact.

I generally have liked Ed and recognize his talents. I have also cringed on some of his "Wild, Wild West" syndrome. His Motor-Mouth though does get old and as you get older, you start to let that define you. I have come to accept that Ed will run his mouth without the safety on and it just gets ignored.

The Ravens let Ray test the market to see how that would play out. I do not see them treating Ed any differently. I am just concerned about how much his mouth becomes a distraction and how that tests Harbaugh. This stuff is not "team-like", but Harbs seems to have accepted Ed's mouth as just part of the package.

I would say "Ed, just shut up and play. Or don't shut up and don't play." But I know that would go in one ear and out the other.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Ed Reed is becoming the Defensive Brett Favre.. Its getting a tad ridiculous.
    THIS

Per Aaron Wilson, he's backing off his statement and says he will play in 2012.

This is starting to become a pattern.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I think the Ravens know Ed, and know that he justs says some strange things at times. But he always comes to play, and that is the bottom line. You don't trade HOF players because they cause a little drama from time to time. The Ravens will let Ed Reed play out his contract in 2012, and then will be willing to match or slightly exceed the best deal he can get in FA. Basically, the Ravens will handle Ed Reed's contract the same way they handled Ray Lewis's contract. That is also why I still want them to try and trade for Osi, because they know how to handle veteran star players well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

It's a pattern but is actually hurting the team? Ed Reed is such a competitor that he's not going ever give sub par effort on the field. Since he's looking for a new deal he'd be nuts to even consider doing that since he already is going to get a lot less because of his age and injury history.

It's good that Ed Reed and talk and blow off a little steam. This has no impact on the Ravens and really doesn't hurt anyone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Ed Reed is my all time favorite player. But Ed seriously STFU about this BS again!
    :word

Maybe he's bipolar?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

We all know Ed Reed is going to say weird stuff, then he's going to go out and play pro-bowl caliber football. The best course of action is just to let him be Ed and not really worry about this annual ramble. It doesn't bother me one bit. I think a lot of people are making it out to be a much bigger thing than it actually is.

Such is the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    We all know Ed Reed is going to say weird stuff, then he's going to go out and play pro-bowl caliber football. The best course of action is just to let him be Ed and not really worry about this annual ramble. It doesn't bother me one bit. I think a lot of people are making it out to be a much bigger thing than it actually is.

Such is the off-season.
    This ^^^
    And another thing, this latest article is a talking head repeating something he heard.
    From another article about it, Ed was talking how his head is more on family right this moment.
    Which of course makes sense with what has happened recently back home for him.

One thing FOR SURE, I feel much better when Ed is on the field than off of it.
    We have been watching maybe the best safety to ever play the game for a decade now in our home stadium.
    Also, Ed does not have an agent right now. So, I don't know that any negotiations can even be started.
    As a fan, I say let him talk, he's earned it. And talk like that doesn't bother me.
    I personally want him here until he hangs it up.
    The likes of Ray and Ed may not happen here again.
    I'm just glad they both played for the Ravens and I got to see them throughout their incredible careers.
    I hope he gets a ring before he retires.