Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ed Reed at it again

Yet again Reed is running his mouth about a new contract or retiring.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed at it again

Don't worry about it. Ozzie knows how to play this game. Reed is going to get a very nice payday this season. He knows he'll never have the chance to make over $7 million in a year after 2012 so he's going to play. If Reed really wasn't that committed to playing then why would any team look to give him even more years and money?

It is getting old that he keeps doing this. I am not sure about Reed being on this team after this season. With the contracts that will gone up for Flacco and Rice, I do not see how it can be done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    It is getting old that he keeps doing this. I am not sure about Reed being on this team after this season. With the contracts that will gone up for Flacco and Rice, I do not see how it can be done
    Depending on how much he'll demand, the cap is reportedly going to be up in 2013, not sure how true it is.

The Ravens can survive quite nicely without Ed Reed. Ray Lewis is a different matter. At this point in his career Reed would be worth more to the Ravens as a draft pick in next years draft - maybe Reed for Osi even up.

Ahhh Ed, what is there to say, just gotta do one of these---> and let it play out.

I'm at the point that whatever he does i dont really care anymore he can retire if he wants. He has been threatening retirement in what seems like forever, now the contract situation involved too, it just seems like a ploy if you ask me.

Its whatever with Ed man, let it play out.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

It seems Reed is coming across that he is more worried about making as much money as possible, than he is helping out his team. I really like Ed Reed and he certainly makes the secondary better when he's healthy enough to play a physical game, however, the healthy days are almost behind him now, and I personally don't see the point in tying up a huge contract into a player who's is oft injured and being wishy-washy about whether he'll play or not.

Ed I love you man... but either play or don't play. Tired of the back and forth crap.

Just the latest chapter in that favorite Baltimore soap opera, "Days of our Ed". Doubt that it means anything we didn't already know.

But it does cause my mind to turn to how the Ravens will need to address the departures of both Ed and Ray in the not-so-distant future. Both, while still assets to the team, are beginning to show their age. Time catches up with everyone. I really wonder if Ray should still be out there on obvious passing downs. I hope this all plays out for the best over the next season or so...

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    Ed I love you man... but either play or don't play. Tired of the back and forth crap.

+1

Is Reed, Baltimores version of Ben R? Next man up and let Reed see who is gonna pay the money he wants. Ray tried it several years ago and other teams did not show an interest. It is getting old with Reed.

Why would Ozzie or any GM in the league give a big contract to a player talking about commitment and retirement.

There are ways of negotiating and this certainly is not the way to do it!

Just deliver as we know he can and the money will follow