Thread: Pools

Question Pools

I'm hoping someone could help me. My wife and I are looking to have an in ground pool install in our yard. Hopefully getting it in this fall or spring. Can anyone recommend a good designer/installer? We are look for someone that can design the pool to our specs and also help out with the landscaping, etc.

If you have a name or company you have used or would recommend please PM me. Thank you for your help.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Blog Entries

Re: Pools

Talk to Baltimore Greg by clicking on the ad on the right for 'The Relaxation Zone'.

I have a RZ Hot Tub as do a couple of other members and Greg does a great job.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Wink Re: Pools

Bez:

We may be able to help each other out here, maybe.

I am going to be replacing my large inground pool with a smaller one, resulting in filling in 80% of the current 32,000 gallon capacity. Greg is likely to do the work for me. If you wind up excavating a large amount and it's cost effective, perhaps we could split cost of dumping your dirt.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Sounds good. I'll email Greg to see what they can do. We want to get a few people out to give us designs/estimates. T...how soon are you looking to make your change? We are looking to get something done by the winter if possible if not then early spring depending on scheduling/costs.

Keep in touch.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    T...how soon are you looking to make your change? We are looking to get something done by the winter if possible if not then early spring depending on scheduling/costs.

Keep in touch.
    Anytime between the swimming seasons, although preferably after football season.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Ted, in regard to your fiberglass options San Juan Pools has a large variety to choose from.

www.sanjuanpools.com

We can have a rep (for a small fee) there to check things out and make sure the installation goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Ted, in regard to your fiberglass options San Juan Pools has a large variety to choose from.

www.sanjuanpools.com

We can have a rep (for a small fee) there to check things out and make sure the installation goes well.
    To add to that, when I built my house way back when, I chose a 16'X34' San Juan pool. 9' deep with diving board. I LOVED IT.

If doing it over again, I would not even consider concrete. The fiberglass is sooooo nice on the feet, and you use way less chemicals, though the cost was roughly the same.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM