Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?



    Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Don't forget Prime Time.
    I knew there was a third. Thanks!




  2. #17

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    If Willie Roaf 11 Pro Bowl 3 All Pro got in his second year of eligibility, Ogden should easily be a first ballot.

    The other OL's that got in first ballot....

    Jackie Slater 2001 - 7 Pro Bowl, 0 All Pro

    Bruce Matthews 2007 - 14 Pro Bowl, 7 All Pro

    Anthony Munoz 1998 - 11 Pro Bowl, 9 All Pro

    Jim Langer 1972 - 6 Pro Bowl, 4 All Pro

    Forrest Gregg 1977 - 9 Pro Bowl, 7 All Pro

    And...

    Ogden - 11 Pro Bowl, 4 All Pro

    Tony Boselli robbed Ogden of 2 early in his career which kept his first team All Pro nods at 4. As if Boselli, while a great player, was better than Ogden in his prime.




  3. #18

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    There's no doubt JO gets in on the first ballot. He's a great player and probably the best from next year's class.

    Really a no-brainer, which means there's a chance someone screws it up.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock




  4. #19

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    If he doesn't' get in first ballot i wont be extremely surprised, but 2nd ballot for sure. That has to be a lock.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    He's a lock to get in next year. Widely considered to be one of, if not the best LT ever.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    He's a lock to get in next year. Widely considered to be one of, if not the best LT ever.
    One of the best absolutely. The best is still Anthony Munoz
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    One of the best absolutely. The best is still Anthony Munoz
    True...Munoz is the greatest.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    PFT did a piece on how crowded the 2013 ballot should be. Looking at the names though I still see no reason for JO not to get in right away. I also agree with them that Allen and Strahan will be going as well

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...owded-in-2013/

    Things don’t figure to get much easier for Bill Parcells, Cris Carter, Charles Haley, Andre Reed and the other finalists who couldn’t garner enough support to join those elected to the Hall. The ballot will add several big names next year, making it certain that some of those men will miss out on enshrinement once again.

    The biggest names on the list are Larry Allen, Jonathan Ogden and Michael Strahan. Allen made seven All-Pro teams during his career with the Cowboys and was a member of the All-Decade team for both the 1990s and 2000s. Ogden joined him on the latter team and made nine All-Pro teams as one of the best left tackles the game has ever seen. Strahan was also on the All-Decade team for the 2000s, holds the single-season sack record and was the 2001 NFL Defensive Player of the Year. All three men have Super Bowl rings on top of those individual accolades and seem like good bets to wind up with yellow blazers in the future.

    Once you throw in Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Steve McNair and Morten Andersen and any Seniors Committee candidates, you’ve got a ballot overstuffed with players who achieved great things during their NFL careers. The lack of transparency in Hall of Fame voting makes it hard to know how close some of the near misses came to getting elected or if they were even near misses in the first place. That makes it that much more difficult to predict who might be joining Curtis Martin, Chris Doleman, Willie Roaf, Dermontti Dawson, Cortez Kennedy and Jack Butler the Hall of Fame in New Orleans this time next year.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    PFT did a piece on how crowded the 2013 ballot should be. Looking at the names though I still see no reason for JO not to get in right away. I also agree with them that Allen and Strahan will be going as well

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...owded-in-2013/

    Things don’t figure to get much easier for Bill Parcells, Cris Carter, Charles Haley, Andre Reed and the other finalists who couldn’t garner enough support to join those elected to the Hall. The ballot will add several big names next year, making it certain that some of those men will miss out on enshrinement once again.

    The biggest names on the list are Larry Allen, Jonathan Ogden and Michael Strahan. Allen made seven All-Pro teams during his career with the Cowboys and was a member of the All-Decade team for both the 1990s and 2000s. Ogden joined him on the latter team and made nine All-Pro teams as one of the best left tackles the game has ever seen. Strahan was also on the All-Decade team for the 2000s, holds the single-season sack record and was the 2001 NFL Defensive Player of the Year. All three men have Super Bowl rings on top of those individual accolades and seem like good bets to wind up with yellow blazers in the future.

    Once you throw in Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Steve McNair and Morten Andersen and any Seniors Committee candidates, you’ve got a ballot overstuffed with players who achieved great things during their NFL careers. The lack of transparency in Hall of Fame voting makes it hard to know how close some of the near misses came to getting elected or if they were even near misses in the first place. That makes it that much more difficult to predict who might be joining Curtis Martin, Chris Doleman, Willie Roaf, Dermontti Dawson, Cortez Kennedy and Jack Butler the Hall of Fame in New Orleans this time next year.
    The voters are kind of getting back logged. Some many great players coming up in the next few years. But I like it that way. It's the Hall of Fame not the Hall of Very Good. You've got to stand head and shoulders above the crowd to get in.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    I think Ogden is likely the 2nd best LT ever. I think his odds of getting in next year are above 80%. I wouldn't be shocked if he had to wait until year two.




  11. #26

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    I am excited that we finally get a true Ravens player into the HOF. Hopefully, it happens next year, slam dunk!

    Quote Originally Posted by KidSampson View Post
    The first drafted by the Ravens. Woodson and Sharpe are already in.
    I don't believe that either Woodson or Sharpe went into the HOF as Ravens players. I personally don't consider the late career rent-a-Ravens should be considered as "our" guys for purposes of NFL records and HOF. I would consider making the trek to the HOF to see JO inducted, but not for Woodson or Sharpe.

    Then again, I will never go into the HOF until I see "Baltimore Colts" displays segregated from those of Irsay's current franchise!
    Last edited by Mista T; 05-17-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  12. #27

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    Has a team ever drafted two players in the first round (in the same draft) and both ended up in the HOF?




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    Quote Originally Posted by BOHlieve In Flacco View Post
    Has a team ever drafted two players in the first round (in the same draft) and both ended up in the HOF?
    It's rare for a team to have multiple 1st round picks in a single draft so I doubt it.

    I'm pretty sure the Steelers drafted 4 Hall of Fame players in the 1974 draft and it was their first 4 selections which is even more incredible.
    Last edited by GOTA; 05-17-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Too much pretty
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  14. #29

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I don't believe that either Woodson or Sharpe went into the HOF as Ravens players.
    Unlike MLB, players do not go into the NFL HOF as a player of an single team. They don't have to pick and a single team isn't picked for them.

    They are listed by all teams they played for.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Unlike MLB, players do not go into the NFL HOF as a player of an single team. They don't have to pick and a single team isn't picked for them.

    They are listed by all teams they played for.
    Thank you. I never understood how people think NFL players go into the HOF as a member of a team. All of their career accomplishments are listed, including all teams they played for.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland