Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: The Gay Thread cont.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    First off my problem isn't necessarily with Christians I am one... , it's with extremism in all it's forms. Whether it be extreme Christians, extreme Muslims, extreme Right Wing, extreme Left Wing whatever, and you fall into two of these categories. I will continue to argue about anything a zealot spews.
    Even if the extremist is right and is speaking the truth?

[QUOTE=Greg;457967]
    First off my problem isn't necessarily with Christians I am one... , it's with extremism in all it's forms. Whether it be extreme Christians, extreme Muslims, extreme Right Wing, extreme Left Wing whatever, and you fall into two of these categories. I will continue to argue about anything a zealot spews.
    QUOTE]

Even if the extremist is right and is speaking the truth?
    I'll let you know when it happens

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

The percentage goes up of course, however not one of those have a higher instance of "Actual word of God" over the "Inspired by word of God".

Inspired by the word of God still leaves a lot of room for the interpretation, and agenda of man.

So you just proved yourself wrong.
    The Greek word that is translated into "inspired" means God-breathed. I don't think THAT leaves much wiggle room.

[QUOTE=pyite32;457968]
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

I'll let you know when it happens

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
    So you contend that extremists are never speaking the truth?

The Greek word that is translated into "inspired" means God-breathed. I don't think THAT leaves much wiggle room.
    That's all well and good, but the context of the poll clearly differentiates the two.

Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    That's all well and good, but the context of the poll clearly differentiates the two.
    Yes, well the Bible referes to itself in the sense I used. If you can pick and choose what you take as truth in the Bible what is the point of reading it at all. Just go ahead and make yourself a god and write your own rules.

Blog Entries

Inspired, literal, does it really matter?

Either way someone believes in God and if they believe one or the other (to me) that doesn't determine the level of someones Christianity.

Threads like this make me feel even better about being a Deist.

:D

You just are clueless. Christians take in the needy of all faiths all of the time. Or do you have examples of Christians treating Muslims badly (something current like what is happening to Christians in Egypt and the Sudan, etc - right now)?
    Christians in this country spent six months having an aneurism about Muslims building a Mosque several blocks from ground zero and then southern states started trying to stop the building of mosques anywhere.

I would love to see two long haired Muslim-looking individuals come hiking out of the desert speaking no native tongue and watch how many baptists churches would allow these two travelers to sleep on the floor of their church unsupervised. Never happen, not in this country.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Christians in this country spent six months having an aneurism about Muslims building a Mosque several blocks from ground zero and then southern states started trying to stop the building of mosques anywhere.

I would love to see two long haired Muslim-looking individuals come hiking out of the desert speaking no native tongue and watch how many baptists churches would allow these two travelers to sleep on the floor of their church unsupervised. Never happen, not in this country.
    He said Christians, not baptist specifically. You're mixing the two, on purpose (and we all know why).

Also, could you imagine if two Baptist were walking in Iran and came across to members of Al-Qaeda I'd imagine you'd seem them get a place to sleep and some food and water as well, right?

EDIT: One other thing, Galen. Seriously, why do you talk about how bad this country is and talk about Muslim countries/people like they are so tolerant? Could you list me (other than your one story) some examples of religious tolerance by Muslim people or countries?
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 05-24-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Threads like this make me feel even better about being a Deist.

:D
    I must say, I envy you today.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Inspired, literal, does it really matter?

Either way someone believes in God and if they believe one or the other (to me) that doesn't determine the level of someones Christianity.
    Uh, yes, it does matter. Please note my post. If you don't take the whole thing as true and throw out what you don't like what does it matter?

If you believe Jesus is who he said he was and you accept the offer of him to bear your sins you are a Christian. You don't have to take the Bible as literal to do that. I just wonder why people would believe that part and not the rest.

You know, if you really study Christianity nothing it more freeing.

1 Corinthians 10:23 - "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive.

Christians and only Christians are freed from the Law completely. But if you really accept Christ as your Lord and Savior these things, while legal, are not as attractive as they once were. And much of them become reprehensible.