Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 130
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.



    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Uh huh... Whatever you say chief...




  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    "Most" people would understand I am blowing you off.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Ya know Galin, I never thought I'd have a reason to say this but I would rather hang out with a Squeeler fan than you.
    Bam! Put me in my place.

    That lines wins the award for the ultimate clincher for any argument ever in the political sectiion. When all else goes to hell (just an expression, not trying to scare you with pitchforks and such) just pull out the "yeah, well I would rather hang out with a steeler fan than you".

    There is nothing else to say. I mean, how could I ever out-argue that?








  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,314
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not all Americans are Christians.

    When the poll gets to certain Christian denominations the % goes up.
    Attachment 982

    Yes this is true. Most polls shows that most of the public is Christian (and I include Catholics as Christians even though your poll above lists them separate because most of the ones I
    know are. They are part of the Church to
    be sure) that they believe there is a God and
    and many go to Church that's about it. That doesn't mean they're Christians. Even the devil believes in God and Christ or that
    they exist and are the most powerful. He has spent millineums
    fighting them.


    There's tons of people in church that are not Christians including officers, teachers and even pastors. We had two pastors commit affairs one with a member of the choir and the other with someone on the outside.

    Just going to church or even seminary doesn't
    make one a true Christian. One must confess
    his sins and ask Christ into his life as Lord and
    Savior. That is the Christian and all the ones I
    know take the Bible as the inerrant and inspired
    word of God.

    John 1;12
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-24-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    And the name calling begins...

    Name calling: debater tries to diminish the argument of his opponent by calling the opponent a name that is subjective and unattractive; These are all efforts to distract the audience by changing the subject because the speaker cannot refute the facts or logic of the opponent.

    Now I really am done with this back and forth as it's reached past the point of any intellectual discourse.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    And the name calling begins...

    Name calling: debater tries to diminish the argument of his opponent by calling the opponent a name that is subjective and unattractive; These are all efforts to distract the audience by changing the subject because the speaker cannot refute the facts or logic of the opponent.

    Now I really am done with this back and forth as it's reached past the point of any intellectual discourse.
    Actually the argument was over so there was nothing to distract from.

    I merely stated an opinion of someone who seemed to be jumping for joy they could finally point out someone was wrong.




  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yes this is true. Most polls shows that most of the public is Christian (and I include Catholics as Christians even though your poll above lists them separate because most of the ones I
    know are. They are part of the Church to
    be sure) that they believe there is a God and
    and many go to Church that's about it. That doesn't mean they're Christians. Even the devil believes in God and Christ or that
    they exist and are the most powerful. He has spent millineums
    fighting them.


    There's tons of people in church that are not Christians including officers, teachers and even pastors. We had two pastors commit affairs one with a member of the choir and the other with someone on the outside.

    Just going to church or even seminary doesn't
    make one a true Christian. One must confess
    his sins and ask Christ into his life as Lord and
    Savior. That is the Christian and all the ones I
    know take the Bible as the inerrant and inspired
    word of God.

    John 1;12

    Okay, help me out here, why do you say Catholics are not Christians? Based on the definition in your last paragraph, many I know would qualify as a "true christian"..

    EDIT: disregard, I misread the first paragraph....




  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,363

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Enough with the name calling and antagonizing, folks.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,454

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Churches will marry gay people in a decade without problems because society as a whole will no longer have a problem with it. Churches are the canary in the coal mine when it comes to the morality of the general society. With a younger generation coming into adulthood not carrying the bigotry of the preceding generation, even churches will change or else they will become obsolete .

    Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly, I mean you can see how the Catholic Church just sways with the wind in regard to abortion, gay marriage, gay adoption, birth control, etc.

    While some churches like Episcopalians and Unitarians (not really Christian) will marry gays most traditional denominations and non-denominational churches will not.




  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,454

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It would be my contention that churches will become obsolete within a few generations pretty much no matter what they do. I think religion in the near future will be a television/internet thing to the minority still interested in it. Church, and religion in general is far less important to those under roughly 40 years of age then those above that age.
    This has been said for 200 years. God still touhces people in a real way, it is a shame you are not aware of it.




  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,454

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Most of my abroad experience has been in developing countries. There is definitely a correlation between poverty and religiousity. Latin American countries and African countries I have been to show a lot of religious adherence. As well as does Turkey, where Islam and Christianity co-mingle well. I have told the story about hiking through the Turkish countryside during a heat wave coming up from the Sahara. I was dehydrated and worn down and was given a couple nights in a country mosque to get some strength back. I can't imagine a couple muslims hiking out of a desert somehwere and being taken in my a baptist church lol.

    Anyway, religion is like cigarettes. You have to hook them when they are young and think it is the thing to do.
    You just are clueless. Christians take in the needy of all faiths all of the time. Or do you have examples of Christians treating Muslims badly (something current like what is happening to Christians in Egypt and the Sudan, etc - right now)?




  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,454

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Nothing like a solid take from a cartoon series.

    Let's see.
    Car invented in Christian country.
    Steam engine, same.
    Airplane, same.
    Computer, same.
    Internet, same.
    Light bulb, same.

    Scientific method, same!

    Christians like Newton developed the scientific method.

    While Family Guy might be funny its intellectual power might not match the comedy.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland