Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 23 of 23
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall, MD
    Posts
    15,188

    Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)



    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm the opposite. I would never pay a dime for content. There is so much free out there that I feel there is no need to ever pay. There are plenty of ways to may money via advertising that there is no need for a subscription fee. The model should be about growing the membership. Anything that limits growth should not be considered.
    Very valid point. But we wanted to poll board members to see if premium content coupled with sponsor deals that would be perceived as value. But still a great point.
    Follow me on Twitter @ russellstreport




  2. #14

    Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

    I also would like to see more contrast.

    I would be willing to pay for limited premium services. I used to like attending events featuring Billick with limited Q&As. Wouldn't care for direct "chats" with sportswriters: I used to just directly e-mail back & forth Jamison Hensley and another before him when there was subject significantly important to talk to a writer directly. I do like getting the dope from Aaron, who is the bright light of Baltimore Ravens coverage, but my interest fades a lot during the offseason, so I wouldn't be too interest in an annual service.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

    I hope there is no language filter. That is such a buzzkill. I like the fact we can say what we want....or not getting band for joining other boards.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,169

    Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm the opposite. I would never pay a dime for content. There is so much free out there that I feel there is no need to ever pay. There are plenty of ways to may money via advertising that there is no need for a subscription fee. The model should be about growing the membership. Anything that limits growth should not be considered.
    Agreed. That's why I moved from the sun spot.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,445

    Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

    Something else to think of, not sure how possible it might be. I was lucky enough to be able to attend the 2007 Ravens kickoff luncheon on the field at M&T Bank Stadium. I had lunch at a table with Bart Scott, who was very engaging and likeable. Other tables had other Ravens (Heap, Ray, Billick, etc). Obviously that's on a scale beyond what the site is probably capable of, but maybe something along those lines on a smaller (i.e. doable) scale for subscribers (if you go that route) could be done.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  6. #18
    DeputyDawg Guest

    Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

    Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Please complete our survey here: LINK

    We're just trying to make your visits here a bit more enjoyable.
    I couldn't get it to go through from the link because I didn't answer the question about Steve since it gave only 1 real option so below are my suggestions.

    Instruct your mods to quit acting like the Warden of a prison and threatening to ban you if you keep bothering them.
    And filter at least vulgar language 100%.
    And if this is a discussion board for adults only, say so by rating it R, or at least have a thread for adult only and one for family.
    I've talked to you about it already Tony, and I hope you do something, it looks like you are at least considering it by taking this survey.
    Thanks




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,899

    Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

    Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I see the member value as being chat rooms with players or coaches or front office and discounts cards for gear...things like that. Perhaps even a member chat area with media insiders. One on one questioning.
    I see a modest fee as well worth it for the features/enhancements that you mentioned.
    "Old Man my Ass!" - John Malkovich




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,899

    Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

    Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    I hope there is no language filter. That is such a buzzkill. I like the fact we can say what we want....or not getting band for joining other boards.
    I agree that the profanity should be allowed in the future. What else will we use when Cam pulls his dumbass, fucking bullshit during a game.
    "Old Man my Ass!" - John Malkovich




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,859

    Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    I agree that the profanity should be allowed in the future. What else will we use when Cam pulls his dumbass, fucking bullshit during a game.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #22

    Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

    Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    Old man complaint: This place would look much better if it was formatting like the Sun Forums. As terrible as they are, they aren't as hard on the eyes as these forums.
    Agreed. Also, it is more difficult to navigate and post on the current forum model then it was on the previous "sunspot style" format.

    Another old man complaint ; Use the old forum smilies. The old "wink" is a fairly valuable tool to show posters that you are joking, pulling their leg, being tongue in cheek, etc. It helps avoid common misperceptions for some folks that may feel they've been insulted when the author really intended the comment to be just a joke. The new wink is too "subtle" and doesn't make it clear you are joking.

    Finally, the flash features and imbedded pictures in posts are pretty cool, but you must know that half of us are fucking off at govt jobs that block that shit anyways, so for Pete's sake include a frickin' link with your frickin embedded picture that i can't frickin see why dontcha?!!!

    Thank you,

    - Roost
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Agreed. Also, it is more difficult to navigate and post on the current forum model then it was on the previous "sunspot style" format.

    Another old man complaint ; Use the old forum smilies. The old "wink" is a fairly valuable tool to show posters that you are joking, pulling their leg, being tongue in cheek, etc. It helps avoid common misperceptions for some folks that may feel they've been insulted when the author really intended the comment to be just a joke. The new wink is too "subtle" and doesn't make it clear you are joking.

    Finally, the flash features and imbedded pictures in posts are pretty cool, but you must know that half of us are fucking off at govt jobs that block that shit anyways, so for Pete's sake include a frickin' link with your frickin embedded picture that i can't frickin see why dontcha?!!!

    Thank you,

    - Roost
    Hey, some of us are fucking off in private sector jobs too!




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall, MD
    Posts
    15,188

    Re: SURVEY: Building a better 24x7 (Please help in under 2 minutes)

    I sincerely appreciate all of the feedback from everyone who participated in the survey. You are helping us to build a better 24x7. We will act upon this and deliver for the benefit of everyone. Please know that we can't accomodate all suggestions but we'll do our best in the months ahead to satisfy most.

    Thanks again!

    Here's to a great 2012 season!
    Follow me on Twitter @ russellstreport




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland