Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Streeter working out with and learning from Ray

It's funny that Antonio Brown was mentioned, because he has similar issues with his route running. There were reports that, although Ben really liked him, he would get frustrated with Brown's poor route running at times. I could actually see that manifest itself on the field. It does take time. That is why I am not quick to think that Antonio Brown could suddenly survive as a legitimate threat in Pittsburgh's offense, without Mike Wallace.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

As for Streeter, he will be judged on whether or not he can catch the ball.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Everything to help Streeter succeed here, is here, and Ray helping him is something no one should underestimate.
    He is helping him with conditioning and mental toughness which could translate into confidence and production.
    Not holding my breath, just a low key excitement right now thinking about the possible tremendous upside.
    This is what I was referring to as the OP. No, Ray isn't a WR coach and isn't trying to
    be. I stressed at the top Ray is emphasing training and pushing your body to the
    limit. That has nothing to do with WR techniques and pass routes etc.

As the quotes above say, everything else here is in place for Streeter to succeed
    and Ray's training can only help him and he is taking advantage of it.

Great posts everyone. I also liked that ACC post with all the stats of their
    players going into the ACC.

If you click on the Terps vid of their new facilities they have a room to impress
    recruits. It has jerseys hanging of all former Terps that made the pros like
    Merriman, Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates, Torrey Smith, Laquan Williams (both
    of Ravens), Scott, Madieu and Lamont Jordan, Jermaine Lewis of Ravens
    SB 35 with a TD return, EJ Henderson (also of Cal'sAberdeen Hi) and even Gaither-lol.

Here's a link that says 6 former Terps were in the playoffs, at least one in each
    round. That's pretty impressive from 1 school.

http://www.umterps.com/sports/m-foot...011312aab.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-15-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    I think we need to temper the enthusiasm a little bit on Streeter. I get all the steal, great value, how did this guy go in the the 6th round stuff but he was drafted there for a reason.

Here is one of them...

http://ravens24x7.com/columns/Camp-N...okie-mini-camp

I just completed some research and from 1995-2009 68% of receivers drafted in the 6th round never caught more than 10 passes in their entire NFL career, and the bust rate was 86% overall. The guys that did make it never amounted to anything more than a number 3 receiver except for one guy (Pierre Garcon, out of 75 total).

If Streeter can make the team and stick around it will be an accomplishment, everything else will be a bonus.
    Marques Colston was a 7th round draft pick and is the same size as streeter.

Antonio Brown was drafted in the 6th round.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Marques Colston was a 7th round draft pick and is the same size as streeter.

Antonio Brown was drafted in the 6th round.
    Get back to me when you make it past the first post I made in this thread with all the detailed numbers posted and the reasoning for my thought process.

Blog Entries

Good stuff from JFS and Callahan. Interesting numbers.

Streeter has the the size/speed combo that could translate to something special for the Ravens, however he has a long way to go. Frankly, I don't think he'll ever really be a complete receiver and at best will end up like a David Nelson/Justin Gage type of receiver in a couple of years. What I'd like to see from him (and I think his best bet to produce as a pro) is to get really good at making plays down field. With his height, arm length, and vertical speed he should be able to create mismatches down the field.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Antonio Brown was drafted in 2010 (I only went to 2009, tough to judge a guy after 2 years especially late rounders), but yes he was a 6th rounder. That would be 2 guys in a 16 year span. Two. Out of close to 100.
    For the sake of fairness, you need to look at guys drafted in the 6th or later for this conversation. Also, I never understood the point of this sort of history because past success of the league as a whole has nothing to do with an individual player.

Blog Entries

He matches what we do here very well. cant underestimate that. Good player can go to a bad fit or bad situation (QB/coach) and be bad. Hes coming to a good team with a good QB and an OC, whether good or bad, that matches his initial skill set almost perfectly. You look at him and Hill who basically identical in physical ability as well as experience. Id assume Streeter has a better chance simply because hes in a system that fits him and doesnt have mark sanchez or tim tebow throwing him the ball, regardless if he was drafted 4 rounds later. Where you end up is just as much of a factor in all this as well.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    He matches what we do here very well. cant underestimate that. Good player can go to a bad fit or bad situation (QB/coach) and be bad. Hes coming to a good team with a good QB and an OC, whether good or bad, that matches his initial skill set almost perfectly. You look at him and Hill who basically identical in physical ability as well as experience. Id assume Streeter has a better chance simply because hes in a system that fits him and doesnt have mark sanchez or tim tebow throwing him the ball, regardless if he was drafted 4 rounds later. Where you end up is just as much of a factor in all this as well.
    Excellent points.