Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Speaking of polls, Romney leading among WOMEN in new CBS/NYT poll.

All that "war on women" bullshit is starting to unravel.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-against-obama

Liberals are going to be pissed that women actually care more about the economy than they do what Libs want them to care about.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Re: Speaking of polls, Romney leading among WOMEN in new CBS/NYT poll.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...bama-1171.html

Different polls show different things. I don't doubt the accuracy of that poll, but one poll isn't even close to a good indication of the overall election cycle.

Also, if this site is accurate, then the sample size for that particular poll was quite small.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...bama-1171.html

Different polls show different things. I don't doubt the accuracy of that poll, but one poll isn't even close to a good indication of the overall election cycle.

Also, if this site is accurate, then the sample size for that particular poll was quite small.
    Well, if we are going by that, the last three polls then either have Romney leading, or Obama ahead by just +1. And Gallop has had Romney up a lot more than they have had Obama up.

The bottom line is that this poll is not one you can spin for Obama as good news. An 8 point swing in women in a 36D/30R/44I split says that in a time when there is this supposed "war on women" by Republicans, and the incumbent President is supposed to walk on water and has (as his wife has said publicly) brought the country up from the ashes, against a supposed boring rich white guy who wants to of course destroy the country for the sake of giving his rich friends tax cuts, is not good. And now multiple polls have the Republican ahead or within the margin for error. And we aren't even at the Conventions yet.

I keep saying as G-dlike as the media and Democrats are proclaiming Obama to be, and as evil and uncaring as the media and Democrats are making Mitt out to be, Obama should be running away with this. He should be 10 points at least up on Romney. This is bad news now matter how you try to move it around.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Well, if we are going by that, the last three polls then either have Romney leading, or Obama ahead by just +1. And Gallop has had Romney up a lot more than they have had Obama up.

The bottom line is that this poll is not one you can spin for Obama as good news. An 8 point swing in women in a 36D/30R/44I split says that in a time when there is this supposed "war on women" by Republicans, and the incumbent President is supposed to walk on water and has (as his wife has said publicly) brought the country up from the ashes, against a supposed boring rich white guy who wants to of course destroy the country for the sake of giving his rich friends tax cuts, is not good. And now multiple polls have the Republican ahead or within the margin for error. And we aren't even at the Conventions yet.

I keep saying as G-dlike as the media and Democrats are proclaiming Obama to be, and as evil and uncaring as the media and Democrats are making Mitt out to be, Obama should be running away with this. He should be 10 points at least up on Romney. This is bad news now matter how you try to move it around.

Democrats have shown time and time again that even against a terrible candidate, they can easily lose. Look at Bush vs Kerry for example. I'm not trying to move anything around. I was just pointing out that the data you presented is just one representation. I'll give you that the polls are close overall. It amuses me how much sensationalist language people on this board use though.

Blog Entries

Oh gee, that was so nice of you to say the polls are so close.

You finally got something right.

It's still Obama's race to lose.

There is no change in the electoral math the past few weeks. The only movement I saw on the RealClearPolitics maps was Minnesota went from light blue, to dark blue and then back to light blue.

The media from both sides love popularity polls but they don't hold a candle to the state-by-state electoral polls. And Mitt has a lot of catching up to do.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's still Obama's race to lose.

There is no change in the electoral math the past few weeks. The only movement I saw on the RealClearPolitics maps was Minnesota went from light blue, to dark blue and then back to light blue.

The media from both sides love popularity polls but they don't hold a candle to the state-by-state electoral polls. And Mitt has a lot of catching up to do.
    At this point, I wouldn't make a bet on either side. We have a very volatile election this year.

My point does still stand and apply though. Yes, its going to be a volatile race.

But it shouldn't be.

Obama, with the full weight of the media behind him, the full weight of Hollywood behind him, and supposedly the ability to walk on water, should not even be in a contest here.

And it turns out there is a new poll out there from Gallop that has Romney not almost even with Obama in favorability. And that after the war on women men's, the fake bullying hit piece by WaPo, the whole dog thing, and all the media berating Mitt got. This should not be happening.

But it is, and its because I think people are seeing past this as the BS it is. As Clinton's campaign used to say, "It's the economy, stupid.". And this is the one thing Obama CAN NOT talk about or run on.

That is my point. These polls are beginning to show a movement that Obama is starting to panic over.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    That is my point. These polls are beginning to show a movement that Obama is starting to panic over.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    unless you know how to read an electoral map which it appears you don't. Here's one for you and it is even the conservative version at RCPs so you can stop whining about the media and all the other gripes you have:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...llege_map.html

Obama 243 Romney 170. Still an eternity to go but unless Romney can find a way to get on the offense here he will continue to just counter Obama's first move.

By the way, in case you don't know 270 is the winner.

Besides as usual you have no answer to the subject matter, all your snark and insults don't change the fact that things are turning, and its starting to bother you.

The state polls are moving too, and they tend to follow the national polls in time. Already in that link you posted states that Obama won in 08 are listed as toss ups, which you would think would be in Obama's camp.

Deal with it Galen. :-)

I don't see where the state polls have moved .... yet.

RCP has been dead on accurate the past three elections and there has been zero movement in the states. That said, there has been little polling of likely voters in any swing states lately.

My guess, Obama lost NC (15 EV's) for sure. He's going to be in a TON of trouble in VA (13 EV's) and Ohio (18 EV's). For the sake of argument, give those states to Mitt. That makes the number 216 most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't see where the state polls have moved .... yet.

RCP has been dead on accurate the past three elections and there has been zero movement in the states. That said, there has been little polling of likely voters in any swing states lately.

My guess, Obama lost NC (15 EV's) for sure. He's going to be in a TON of trouble in VA (13 EV's) and Ohio (18 EV's). For the sake of argument, give those states to Mitt. That makes the number 216 most likely.
    I think if these national numbers continue to swing the way they are, the swing states are going to move as well. And I want Galen to answer why states that Obama won in 08 like Wisconsin, Florida, NC, VA, and such are considered toss-ups? He is missing my point here that once again, these are places that Obama should be running away with against the supposed "unelectable" Romney. How is this election even a race if Obama is so awesome and Romney is so horrible and evil?