Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Will Ravens Offense Become More Pass Happy In Flacco's Contract year?

I wouldnt say pass happy, i'd say this has to be the year where it becomes Joe's offense. And that doesnt mean we have to pass it an attempt more then last year. Just means more has to be put on his shoulders, more freedom, and more passing on usual running situations. The Ravens bread and butter will continue to be Rice running behing Leach and this O-Line but if they can become more efficient in the pass game, improve the red zone passing offense, and get the young pass catchers to take the next step i think we'll have a better O and have as good a shot as anybody to grab the lombardi.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's pretty simple to fix with a split bonus. As long as its guaranteed it shouldn't be an issue for Flacco. It has to be more than that.
    I agree. There are a lot of ways to manipulate his cap number. I don't think they have settled on numbers for total compensation yet.

Blog Entries

One of the main reasons why I love the Ravens so much is because of their defense and rugged style of play on offense. We don't need a top 5 offense or even a top 10 offense to win a SB, we just need to play Ravens football. The play book needs to certainly open out a bit, but in the AFCN you have to be able to run the ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I am sure you are being sarcastic, but that is pretty silly. Flacco's career here will outlast cameron's by about a decade. He is about to get close to $100 million...what do you think cameron makes???

I could see them having a lot more success in the passing game than they had last year. Pitta/dickson and torrey smith should really start to click with joe this year. We are also going to have to score more points this year against a handful of the leagues better offenses. We could see joe put up 4000+ as a result of falling behind in a lot more games than usual. It wont be because of cam.
    Cam Cameron will be here a long time as well. Flacco will probably spend his whole career in a play-not-to-lose offense. Anyone who thinks our offensive philosophy will change in the next decade or so is being pretty naive. Cameron plays scared, so Flacco will never develop into a top-tier quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Cam Cameron will be here a long time as well. Flacco will probably spend his whole career in a play-not-to-lose offense. Anyone who thinks our offensive philosophy will change in the next decade or so is being pretty naive. Cameron plays scared, so Flacco will never develop into a top-tier quarterback.
    Coaches are hired to be fired, so goes the saying.

Chances are Flacco sees more than one OC during his career.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    As stated above, I think it's unrealistic to think that our offensive philosphy is going to be the same for the next decade, I'm not so sure if Cam will even be our OC in 2013.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    As stated above, I think it's unrealistic to think that our offensive philosphy is going to be the same for the next decade, I'm not so sure if Cam will even be our OC in 2013.
    Cam Cameron will be here as long as he wants to be. Not sure if he'll be around another ten years though.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Not to sound as though I'm coming from too far out in left field, but I sometimes wonder if Cam's future with the team won't weigh as a minor factor into Flacco's long term decision-making. Money -- and being part of a winning franchise -- would certainly be the top two considerations for Joe as he looks for the new contract. But all other things being equal -- would Joe be more likely to consider another team if he thinks Cam will be here more than another year or two? Is it conceivable that deep down he suspects Cam will hold him back from his potential?

This is all sheer speculation on my part with no evidence whatsoever to support it. I have no idea what Joe really thinks of Cam these days. But the odd thought has sometimes crossed my mind ever since it was announced contract negotiations had started with Joe.

Blog Entries

If Cam calls games like he did in the AFCC Game then it won't be a problem.

However, and this is the problem, that game was more of an anomaly than anything. Cam's offense lives and dies by the ground game.

I'd love to see Flacco throw for 4,000+ yards and 30 TD's, but it likely won't happen while Cam is the OC in Baltimore.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The Ravens need to be more effective running and passing the ball. To do that they are going to need to be more creative and not so predictable. That may not mean more passing attempts but passing at times when teams are expecting run.

The team was inefficient running the ball last year and the oline is not going to be better this year. Rice should get a deal done now as he might see his stats dip and he will be a year older as a rb next year.

The Ravens need to get Flacco done before the season. Really do not want that contract hanging over their heads next year. It's really a lose/lose situation for the Ravens if they don't sign him. I don't think his value goes down from where it is right now. Even if the Ravens do not make the playoffs next year they will need to franchise him. They are not going to offer him less than what they are offering this year because that would just piss him off.

11. Re: Will Ravens Offense Become More Pass Happy In Flacco's Contract year?

If I was ozzie why would i sign Flacco right now instead of making him play out his contract this year? You hold a fire to Flacco tail and make him work this season for this money. You pay Flacco now than he is distracted by the money. Wife telling him how to spend it and where they want to move to and houses to buy. Family members calling him up. Its more than what meets the eye about giving these guys money before they play out their contract.

Let Flacco play out his contract this season. Make him prove to ozzie that he can perform at a high level and than you reward him. Flacco is on the upside but he still has more to prove....like his ability to carry a team on his shoulders. You can resign him week 17 or in the playoffs if your so concerned about letting his contract expire at seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    If I was ozzie why would i sign Flacco right now instead of making him play out his contract this year? You hold a fire to Flacco tail and make him work this season for this money. You pay Flacco now than he is distracted by the money. Wife telling him how to spend it and where they want to move to and houses to buy. Family members calling him up. Its more than what meets the eye about giving these guys money before they play out their contract.

Let Flacco play out his contract this season. Make him prove to ozzie that he can perform at a high level and than you reward him. Flacco is on the upside but he still has more to prove....like his ability to carry a team on his shoulders. You can resign him week 17 or in the playoffs if your so concerned about letting his contract expire at seasons end.

If he plays out this year and has a better year statistically the cost to resign him goes up. If the Ravens struggle on offense this year what do you do next year? Reduce your offer to him? He won't sign it. Franchise him? Probably but now you are on the hook for about 16m for one season. Flacco has all the leverage as he is a franchise qb that plays in probably the worst offensive scheme with the worst personnel for QBs. In the back of his mind it might be better for him to go somewhere else. The Ravens were terrible at QB for so long and now they have one that can be good for the long haul. You get him signed so you don't have to worry about that position. Before Flacco the Ravens were in and out of the playoffs. Since Flacco they have consistently been a playoff team. The Defense and running game is no better than before Flacco and the team consistently makes the playoffs.