Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Rookie PK Tucker is Impressing

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Rookie PK Tucker is Impressing

Although I'd love him to do well and even become our starting kicker in 2012 (would probably save some cap space by cutting Cundiff), I'm not sure that I'm confident that a rookie PK can start for a team like us. Imagine a divisional round play off game now, a kick to win the game are you really going to trust this guy?

Are you really going to trust billy?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Although I'd love him to do well and even become our starting kicker in 2012 (would probably save some cap space by cutting Cundiff), I'm not sure that I'm confident that a rookie PK can start for a team like us. Imagine a divisional round play off game now, a kick to win the game are you really going to trust this guy?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You made me bust out laughing in a room full of people.. The irony in that statement has to be on purpose.... No way that wasn't a joke. Did you really mean that sarcastically?

You do know the other guy, Billygoat Cundiff, missed a 30 yard kick in a conference championship to send us to possibly the super bowl...

I would trust the local middle school kicker more than Cundiff in a pressure situation as we speak. He has to earn his clutch points back. As of now he is the opposite of clutch. I say let them have a competition. If the Rookie beats him out, oh well. Let the best man win.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You made me bust out laughing in a room full of people.. The irony in that statement has to be on purpose.... No way that wasn't a joke. Did you really mean that sarcastically?

You do know the other guy, Billygoat Cundiff, missed a 30 yard kick in a conference championship to send us to possibly the super bowl...

I would trust the local middle school kicker more than Cundiff in a pressure situation as we speak. He has to earn his clutch points back. As of now he is the opposite of clutch. I say let them have a competition. If the Rookie beats him out, oh well. Let the best man win.
    I'm not comparing him to Cundiff, I meant why don't we bring in a guy like Graham to compete instead of a rookie?

I don't think Cundiff feels much pressure, at least not yet, from an rookie UDFA whose doing well in practice anyway.

Still it'd be nice to see Tucker force the coaches to think twice about trusting Cundiff.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Are you going to trust Cundiff in that situation?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Are you going to trust Cundiff in that situation?
    Not really.

Blog Entries

Cundiff did nail some game winners for us. Miss one and youre chopped liver... Welcome to baltimore.

The competition is great news. The fact that hes hitting 50+ yarders is good. Thats the one area billy isnt great at that the coaching staff seems hell bent ontrying anyway. For a team thats had matt stover for so long and obviously not that great outside 45 yards the need to attempt 50+ yarders whwn were not capable is confusing to me. Especially since we still have a dominant defense and ever improving offense. 50+ yarders should be punts or going for it on 4th. I trust our d, i trust koch, i shouldnt have to trust billy at 50+ or any kicker for that matter.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 05-13-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Cundiff did nail some game winners for us. Miss one and youre chopped liver... Welcome to baltimore.
    It's harsh, but it's probably a response not shared as much by the people who actually play, coach, or manage the game. It goes w/ the territory of NFL place kicking and Cundiff would be the first to say so.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    The competition is great news. The fact that hes hitting 50+ yarders is good. Thats the one area billy isnt great at that the coaching staff seems hell bent ontrying anyway. For a team thats had matt stover for so long and obviously not that great outside 45 yards the need to attempt 50+ yarders whwn were not capable is confusing to me. Especially since we still have a dominant defense and ever improving offense. 50+ yarders should be punts or going for it on 4th. I trust our d, i trust koch, i shouldnt have to trust billy at 50+ or any kicker for that matter.
    True, there are other options when that far out. But there are also times when it is proper to try a +50 yarder (say, at the end of the 1st half or to win or tie a game as it ends), so he's got to be ready to attempt +50yarders. Plus, hitting long ones is part of the overall "recovery" from the AFCCG.as is a competition itself. We need to be sure that we can trust Cundiff and that his confidence is back or still intact.

Blog Entries

Good. Glad to be reading that we have a leg with a chance to make the team, instead of practice fodder.
    Cundiff right now has a terrible last memory in our minds. Ain't nothing going to change that until he layers up a bunch of positive memories.... and ain't none of those variety happening until the season starts.

BleedPurple92 said it well, he has to earn clutch points.

We've been spoiled. Had Stover for what, 13 years? And that was a messy ending with
    1- costing us a roster spot with Rhys Lloyd for kickoffs
    2- we pushed Stover out, not necessarily prematurely, but before we had a dynamite replacement
    Team did the best they couls, but had traded their 7th round pick (packaged) for Marques Douglas, so we took Cedric Peerman in the 6th, and waited for a kicker to go UDFA, until KC took our target as Mr Irrevelant (Ryan Succop).

Gano, Hauschka.... Cudniff solved some problems and I'm grateful to him. I wish him success, I wish him well, if here fine, if not fine. Loved the touchback record!

Just saying, that I'm glad to see true competition with someone with a successful college (wide hash mark) resume.
    Would hate to see someone like Graham brought in (unless it is for practice fodder). He lost competition to Cudniff a couple of years ago and has been on 7 teams... only sticking with Cincy (and that should tell us something despite one pro-bowl there).
    Lets have a rookie in camp, lets have a young strong leg, lets get a good close-up evaluation.
    Legit competition and if nothing else a phone number in case of injury, and maybe a star in the making.

It is an exciting time. Great to hear positive reports.... actually we got to hear positive reports or he exits rapidly and next one is brought in. We'll be listening, relying on Tony and Aaron and others for reports, and Billy can't do anything to help his cause before the season starts. I did appreciate he manned-up and took full blame. That means I can hope it was the extenuationg reasons we read about, and he will be fine.

But come on Tucker, hit some of those 55 yarders :)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Are you really going to trust billy?
    this.

i really don't see how you can put a big kick on him again and feel comfortable. he looks to me like someone who would have a hard time getting over that miss.