Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Blog Entries

Re: Rookie Camp Observations

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    IDK know about that tbh, I mean guys like Mike Mayock (not saying we should pay loads of attention to what he says all the time, but is one of the better draft analysts) basically thinks he is a phone booth guard at the next level. Osemele could be an elite guard for us, so why would you stunt his development by moving him over to tackle in 2013? IMO our best bet is to sign a younger FA tackle in 2013 as there will be quite a few on the market. Guys like Duane Brown, and Ryan Clady will be worth a look at, IDK how much Denver and Houston will be wanting to keep them, but we will probably have a much better cap situation next year.

Another guy I have really liked since being drafted is Sebastian Volmer, the German guy who has been sitting on the bench for the past few years, but whenever he has played, he has looked solid, and better than Matt Light. I'm pretty sure the Patriots are going to try everything in their power to keep him, because Matt Light is likely to retire in 2013.
    Id be doing cartwheels if we somehow got Ryan Clady, problem is when youre an elite LT and you have peyton manning on your team, you can pretty much realize thats a pipe dream for that reason alone, not including the millions upon millions ($) of other reasons.

Volmer sounds interesting but i doubt the Pats let him go either since Matt Light retired.

overall 2013 is a decent class of younger Ts that year, im just not sure a team will let them go unless for a an obvious performance reason (like oher for us), in which case we wont want them anyway. I personally see us signing a vet much like McKinnie, if not McKinnie, to maintain that veteran presence that Birk will be leaving with.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Shonka also emphasizes how Osemele stoned Aldon Smith in college, and Smith seems to be an elite pass rusher. (I don't know when Osemele would have faced Smith.)
    Iowa State and Missouri are in the same conference and played each other in 2008, 2009 & 2010 when both Smith and Osemele were in college. So there were three opportunities right there.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Iowa State and Missouri are in the same conference and played each other in 2008, 2009 & 2010 when both Smith and Osemele were in college. So there were three opportunities right there.
    The teams matched-up all three years.