Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 99
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,136
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations



    If I'm not mistaken, didn't FilmStudy review the offensive line play this year and find that McKinnie did an adequate job in pass protection?




  2. #62

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, didn't FilmStudy review the offensive line play this year and find that McKinnie did an adequate job in pass protection?
    Yeah he graded out fine. THe problem is he is noticably half assing it on run plays the other way and generally conserving energy whenever possible. If he gets into good shape, he should be a very solid LT, and he has a lot of finacial incentive to play well this year.







  3. #63

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    osemele stands out at minicamp

    He seems to have the physical tools but with his work ethic being a question and then quotes like the following im not sure how much to expect from him this year.

    “You hear, ‘the speed or level of the game is different,’ but this is the first time in my life where it’s actually different,where I actually have to try,” he said.
    He really looks the part though out there. im hoping he picks up the "mental" stuff pretty quick now that he seems to be at least be trying for the first time, and hopefully that attitude lasts as well. maybe a challenge is all hes been missing?
    Last edited by JAB1985; 05-15-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    -JAB




  4. #64

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    osemele stands out at minicamp

    He seems to have the physical tools but with his work ethic being a question and then quotes like the following im not sure how much to expect from him this year.



    He really looks the part though out there. im hoping he picks up the "mental" stuff pretty quick now that he seems to be at least be trying for the first time, and hopefully that attitude lasts as well. maybe a challenge is all hes been missing?
    Great article by Aaron. It contradicts some of the other reports regarding Gradkowski working at guard. It looks as though he is being groomed as Birk's replacement. If Osmele and Gradkowski pan out the middle of the Ravens line should be set. Not worried about RT between Reid and Oher. That would leave looking for a long term solution at LT.




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,855
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Great article by Aaron. It contradicts some of the other reports regarding Gradkowski working at guard. It looks as though he is being groomed as Birk's replacement. If Osmele and Gradkowski pan out the middle of the Ravens line should be set. Not worried about RT between Reid and Oher. That would leave looking for a long term solution at LT.
    Yea, Gradkowski did take snaps at guard, but from everything I've been reading and hearing he has taken most of his snaps at center.

    They want him to sit behind Birk, learn, and bump up his body weight to around 310-315.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,174
    Blog Entries
    4

    Smile Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    osemele stands out at minicamp
    He seems to have the physical tools but with his work ethic being a question and then quotes like the following im not sure how much to expect from him this year.
    He really looks the part though out there. im hoping he picks up the "mental" stuff pretty quick now that he seems to be at least be trying for the first time, and hopefully that attitude lasts as well. maybe a challenge is all hes been missing?
    I hope you like him because he will be the Ravens starting LT in 2013... Bc




  7. #67

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    He seems to have the physical tools but with his work ethic being a question and then quotes like the following im not sure how much to expect from him this year.
    I wasn't aware that his work ethic was an issue. And I think you're misinterpreting what he meant; I think he was saying it was the first time he was experiencing the NFL-level speed that everyone's always talking about, not that it was the first time he actually had to make an effort to play football.




  8. #68

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I hope you like him because he will be the Ravens starting LG in 2012 and the next 4 years... Bc
    fixed that for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I wasn't aware that his work ethic was an issue. And I think you're misinterpreting what he meant; I think he was saying it was the first time he was experiencing the NFL-level speed that everyone's always talking about, not that it was the first time he actually had to make an effort to play football.
    Some scouts said he had work ethic issues, i for one have no idea if thats legitimate but where there is smoke... I think the way he worded it hes basically admitting he just got by on physical supremacy as opposed to hard work and knowledge of the game, which is why the speed of the game seemed so much greater. "first time ive had to try" cant really be misinterpreted, imo. The fact that he is trying, however, is a good thing, and maybe the challenge will bring something even greater out of him.
    -JAB




  9. #69

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    KO doesn't have the feet at all to be a good LT.

    You can see it just by watching him play at ISU...he doesn't move his feet at all.




  10. #70

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    KO doesn't have the feet at all to be a good LT.

    You can see it just by watching him play at ISU...he doesn't move his feet at all.
    Quick feet are something that can be taught, though. Raw speed and athletic ability are natural, and some people/players have naturally quicker feet than others, but a full year working with pro coaches running ladders and doing dot drills and what not could get him to a place where he can bump outside.

    Of course, that might be moot if he's another Cousins. I don't think that he will be, but there's no way to know until we see him play.




  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    From everything I have seen/heard of Osemele he looks to be the LG for us for years to come. He has had the most impressive rookie camp out of everyone so far, and Gradkowski is going to take over from Birk once he gets up to around 310-315 lbs. If he gets up to that weight, he should have no problem, but I do think the Ravens wont start a guy unless their 310 lbs + these days. Osmele, Gradkowski, and Yanda are going to be mauling defensive linemen for years to come.

    We now need to find a long term solution at LT.




  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    osemele stands out at minicamp

    He seems to have the physical tools but with his work ethic being a question and then quotes like the following im not sure how much to expect from him this year.



    He really looks the part though out there. im hoping he picks up the "mental" stuff pretty quick now that he seems to be at least be trying for the first time, and hopefully that attitude lasts as well. maybe a challenge is all hes been missing?
    I wouldn't buy into any of that, he probably means it's the first time he has worked in a hard and complex system and doesn't have to just stand there and block such and such player like at Iowa. The only scouts I've seen make the poor work ethic evaluation of Osemele are pro football talk who can't scout players for shit.




  13. #73

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Quick feet are something that can be taught, though. Raw speed and athletic ability are natural, and some people/players have naturally quicker feet than others, but a full year working with pro coaches running ladders and doing dot drills and what not could get him to a place where he can bump outside.

    Of course, that might be moot if he's another Cousins. I don't think that he will be, but there's no way to know until we see him play.
    I don't agree with that at all.

    To me, that's like saying speed can be taught.




  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,174
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Quick feet are something that can be taught, though. Raw speed and athletic ability are natural, and some people/players have naturally quicker feet than others, but a full year working with pro coaches running ladders and doing dot drills and what not could get him to a place where he can bump outside...
    I happen to agree with you (on KO @ LT). Also, keep in mind, that he will have two years of off-season workouts (2012/13) before McKinnie is (probably) let go... Bc




  15. #75

    Re: Rookie Camp Observations

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't agree with that at all.

    To me, that's like saying speed can be taught.
    I don't agree with that either.

    Could he improve? Sure

    To a NFL left tackle level? Doubtful.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland