Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Rookie Camp Observations

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Did anyone get automatically excited when they saw those videos of the rookies in Ravens Unis???

Aaahh i feel bad for non sportsfans, nothing can replace this. Love it.. RAVENS!!

BTW let it be on the record, that my favorite Rookie is CB Asa Jackson. I think he will be a stud in the NFL.
    I also have a good feeling about Asa. Not sure if he will be as good as Webb, but without a doubt a solid contributor. I could see him filling in Carr's role very well. KR/PR plus nickle and dime packages.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I would much rather have him stay at a position where he can become dominant without position change.

2012/2013 O-Line:
    McKinnie - Osemele - Birk - Yanda - Oher

2013/2014 O-Line:
    Oher - Osemele - Gradkowski - Yanda - Reid

I honestly believe this would be the best option. I know Oher's contract is up after this year, but I trust him much more than any possible available Vet FA. This all depends if they can re-sign him for a decent contract. He knows the system, has played that position before, and works hard. It can't be any worse than McKinnie... With that said, we still need to draft a future LT in next year's draft. I really want Osemele to be our guy at LG.

Blog Entries

I would much rather have him stay at a position where he can become dominant without position change.

2012/2013 O-Line:

2013/2014 O-Line:

I honestly believe this would be the best option. I know Oher's contract is up after this year, but I trust him much more than any possible available Vet FA. This all depends if they can re-sign him for a decent contract. He knows the system, has played that position before, and works hard. It can't be any worse than McKinnie... With that said, we still need to draft a future LT in next year's draft. I really want Osemele to be our guy at LG.
    As usual I agree with you, that would be a great scenario. I kind of hope that Reid surprises us all can can actually end up making a good LT, he has better size for the position that Oher, this could mean that Oher will stay at RT. I guess alternatively we could draft a tackle in the 2013 draft, the problem with that is with where we are usually picking in the draft, it's really hard to find any college players who ever end up being good enough to be even an average starting LT in this league.

To me Osemele can be kept at LG and will eventually be a pro bowl guard, he has all the size, strength, and surprising athleticism to achieve that. I'd keep him at guard, because that is where he will most likely be best suited for us.

2012/2013 O-Line:

2013/2014 O-Line:

So, you want continuity but want to switch Oher yet again? Also, in your scenario from 2012 to 2013, Osemele would be playing next to different players anyway, so how is that any different than moving him after one year? I don't know what the Ravens will do, but it doesn't seem to matter all that much if the only two options are the ones you provided.

I agree about Asa, I think he's going to solid contributor on Special Teams this year.

Blog Entries

Reid-Osemele-Gradkowski-Yanda-Oher

Reid at left tackle is not out of the question IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    So, you want continuity but want to switch Oher yet again? Also, in your scenario from 2012 to 2013, Osemele would be playing next to different players anyway, so how is that any different than moving him after one year? I don't know what the Ravens will do, but it doesn't seem to matter all that much if the only two options are the ones you provided.
    Considering McKinnie shouldn't even be playing for an NFL team, no chance he gets resigned after this year. That means there will be a definite change of personnel at LT. At the center position, Gradkowski will take over for the severeLy aged Birk. At RT, Oher contract will be up and I know Decosta and the boys are really high on Reid so will probably take over that spot. This leaves us with Osemele - Gradkowksi - Yanda - Reid. An offensive line that could play together for awhile given their young ages. This leaves us with a void at LT. IMHO I would love for Reid to take that spot and then resign Oher to continue to man our RT spot, giving us the greatest Amount of continuity. Although that is likely a pipe dream considering Reid is believed to be a True RT.

Considering McKinnie shouldn't even be playing for an NFL team, no chance he gets resigned after this year. That means there will be a definite change of personnel at LT. At the center position, Gradkowski will take over for the severeLy aged Birk. At RT, Oher contract will be up and I know Decosta and the boys are really high on Reid so will probably take over that spot. This leaves us with Osemele - Gradkowksi - Yanda - Reid. An offensive line that could play together for awhile given their young ages. This leaves us with a void at LT. IMHO I would love for Reid to take that spot and then resign Oher to continue to man our RT spot, giving us the greatest Amount of continuity. Although that is likely a pipe dream considering Reid is believed to be a True RT.
    I agree with most of what you say, but a middle of the road starting LT absolutely should be on an NFL team, whether you approve or not. If you don't disagree with the PFF 15th rankning for McKinnie, then stop saying he should be out of the league. Even on the team with the best LT in the NFL, he'd still be a great backup with that ranking.

LOL at McKinnie shouldn't even be on an NFL team. Just getting by on smoke and mirrors and he has the entire league fooled, especially the Ravens. What a bunch of idiots at the Castle.

Call me crazy, but I think they will take a look at Reid at LT this year. They like the kid and want to get him playing. He might not start right off the bat, but I'd like to see him get some snaps in preseason. If he can hold his shit together than cut Mckinnie's useless ass

Quote Originally Posted by dweezil22 View Post
    I agree with most of what you say, but a middle of the road starting LT absolutely should be on an NFL team, whether you approve or not. If you don't disagree with the PFF 15th rankning for McKinnie, then stop saying he should be out of the league. Even on the team with the best LT in the NFL, he'd still be a great backup with that ranking.
    I know Im biased, but I absolutely hate McKinnie being on the roster. He gives absolutely no effort. He is wasting a great opportunity, hence my statement that he shouldn't be in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Did anyone get automatically excited when they saw those videos of the rookies in Ravens Unis???

Aaahh i feel bad for non sportsfans, nothing can replace this. Love it.. RAVENS!!

BTW let it be on the record, that my favorite Rookie is CB Asa Jackson. I think he will be a stud in the NFL.
    At least one pre-draft pub said he might be the fastest CB in the draft . . . Not a bad place to start.