Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Rookie Camp Observations

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Wow... Streeter looks ripped in his arms but still pretty bean pole-y in his torso and legs. He's not exactly quick looking, but not a lot of long striders like him are. I imagine he'll be able to generate most of his separation at the top of the route rather than in the breaks. If I were to compare him to another NFL player (based off what I saw at Miaimi) I would say that his ceiling is Plaxico Burress. They've got similar frames, and a similar running style. How this kid fell to the 6th with his measurables is still beyond me.

Pierce is hard to get a read on, not through any fault of his own, it's just this practice has little to nothing to do with running backs. Physcially he looks lighter than 225, but that might be the 6'2 talking. I'm hopeful he can produce for us this year because if he puts up 450 rushing and 150 receiving on 125 or so touches, then Ray Rice will have to think LONG and HARD about turning down our offer.

Osemele looks like we shaved a grizzly bear and threw pads on it. I like that he's already working on pulling because if he can get it down then we could have a BRUTAL run game on traps where Leech leads Ray Rice behind KO, Yanda, and Oher on the right side. I like how he naturally throws his ass into his blocks. I think he might be considered the best draft pick in our class when this is all said and done. Dude has the potential to absolutely dominate at LG.

Not much to see in the Upshaw clip. Dude looks country fed and country strong. Looks like they're doing some first step drills, probably to improve his initial quickness and get him the advantage in the eventual hand fighting. To me, watching him at Bama I don't see a Terrell Suggs type of guy, but I do see a potentially dominate pass rusher because of his strength and ability to win hand fights. It's hard to keep two hands on this kid and that means he usually can rip inside or swim outside. I'm just glad Pitt didn't get him because I think he might be a future pro bowl regular.
    That's a great recap. I see most of the same things.

I do know that Streeter and Lamar Miller went back and forth with each other over who was the fastest player on the team. That tells me he is a lot faster than he looks on tape.

I agree that he's fast, but I don't think he's very quick. He's a long strider who looks like he has to wind up a bit to top speed. That's not a bad thing, TO was a guy who was like that and it didn't stop him from being a great deep threat or racking up the yards.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ldzkgo
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

It should be noted that the rookie camp was closed to the actual media and these are just observations from member of the Ravens Ministry of Information.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    I have to say when I saw "KO" (as I guess we are calling him) for the first time I was like holy shit. Was watching NFLN and they showed tape of him running the 40 and I was shocked to see how put together he was at 335lbs. There wasn't an ounce of fat shaking on him as he ran, he was solid as a rock.

Grizzly bear with pads is a very good description!! Dude is a fcking house.
    Word.

KO is just a BIG dude.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Lol we all know that the firemenship ravens are shit and they always will be till they die. I will keep bashing them till they lay to rest, before they finaly give up

Blog Entries

And a badge over here fur the firemenship for the shep of foirement for ,menmt you dont know for the firemnship ravens fucking suck balls and always will and have no talent whol ev er liofnfhngftgfbvwrbgtrgbergbnegtrbwgtrbwrtgetrsc fuck all you reatards on here who they are col

7. Re: Rookie Camp Observations

Very excited for this draft class. Upshaw and KO are going to have big impacts on the team this year.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    And a badge over here fur the firemenship for the shep of foirement for ,menmt you dont know for the firemnship ravens fucking suck balls and always will and have no talent whol ev er liofnfhngftgfbvwrbgtrgbergbnegtrbwgtrbwrtgetrsc fuck all you reatards on here who they are col
    Did you just have an aneurism?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    ?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I think upshaw can develop into a speed rusher as well but that will take a season or two. He has the speed to do so and strength to be a bull rusher. Suggs is a speed rusher so for the time he is out it will look a little different with upshaw as a bull rusher but like I said he can develop and learn moves to be a speed rusher as well.

As for Streeter the sky is the limit for him. If he can work on his route running he will be a complete steal. I remember reading he was working with Mason on route running. He is super fast but just needs to work on quickness and that can be taught. Speed cannot be taught

KO will be starting at LG and Jah Reid can compete with Oher for the RT spot

Geno does need to bulk up but he has time as we dont need him till next year to step in for Birk.

BTW- According to the Ravens website the sunday rookie camp is open to media.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Did you just have an aneurism?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    and

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ?
    It looks like someone may have left their speech-to-text doo-dad on!

:T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).