Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Rookie Camp Observations

"It’s easy to see why Eric DeCosta called Courtney Upshaw a “junkyard dog.”

Hope he's right, but that phrase reminds me of what a Cleveland Browns GM once said about his 1987 1st round draft pick (Mike Junkin LB from Duke). The guy was a huge bust... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    I have to say when I saw "KO" (as I guess we are calling him) for the first time I was like holy shit. Was watching NFLN and they showed tape of him running the 40 and I was shocked to see how put together he was at 335lbs. There wasn't an ounce of fat shaking on him as he ran, he was solid as a rock.
    Grizzly bear with pads is a very good description!! Dude is a fcking house.
    Thanx TJFS. I've posted this before... I see KO starting @ LG in 2012, then sliding over to LT in 2013. I don't give a hoot what the "experts" say (he's better suited to RT). McKinnie will almost surely be gone, and Oher is either a FA or a year from it. 2013 = KO - ? - Gradkowski - Yanda - Oher or Reid... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Thanx TJFS. I've posted this before... I see KO starting @ LG in 2012, then sliding over to LT in 2013. I don't give a hoot what the "experts" say (he's better suited to RT). McKinnie will almost surely be gone, and Oher is either a FA or a year from it. 2013 = KO - ? - Gradkowski - Yanda - Oher or Reid... Bc
    KO at LT? That would be great, BUT . . . I have not seen KO play, but everything I've read about him is "phone booth," "slow footed," "can not play on an island," etc, etc. What have I missed?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    KO at LT? That would be great, BUT . . . I have not seen KO play, but everything I've read about him is "phone booth," "slow footed," "can not play on an island," etc, etc. What have I missed?
    He played LT his senior year @ Iowa State. I guess our experts, who've never been wrong, have already labeled him. I see GG learning from Birk, and OK doing the same with McKinnie. Unless people would be happy moving Oher back to LT or drafting a rookie to man the post in 2013 (?) KO actually has experience, is certainly big enough, and IMO should be groomed for the position... Bc

Blog Entries

He played LT his senior year @ Iowa State. I guess our experts, who've never been wrong, have already labeled him. I see GG learning from Birk, and OK doing the same with McKinnie. Unless people would be happy moving Oher back to LT or drafting a rookie to man the post in 2013 (?) KO actually has experience, is certainly big enough, and IMO should be groomed for the position... Bc
    KO doesn't have the quickness that Oher has nor the athleticism, but he is built like a LT and you can't coach that.

I'm with you Bc. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the coaching staff give KO a legitimate shot at winning the LT gig next off-season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ?
    Yeah I should really stop leaving my PC logged in lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    KO doesn't have the quickness that Oher has nor the athleticism, but he is built like a LT and you can't coach that.

I'm with you Bc. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the coaching staff give KO a legitimate shot at winning the LT gig next off-season.
    I know KO player LT for one year at ISU, but everything I've read suggested he was badly out of position at LT. Very glad to be wrong; we need a top quality LT.

We need continuity on the O-Line. I wouldnt even think about moving KO to LT. Just keep him at guard and let him progress. I don't want an Oher 2.0 and change positions every season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    We need continuity on the O-Line. I wouldnt even think about moving KO to LT. Just keep him at guard and let him progress. I don't want an Oher 2.0 and change positions every season.
    While I agree with continuity, it is very likely the Ravens will have to fill LT in 2013. Why not with a guy who (hopefuly) plays LG in 2012, and has a year of LT (college) experience? Now you may be right that he stays @ LG and develops, but until there is another guy we can use at LT I still see KO as a viable option... Bc

10. Re: Rookie Camp Observations

Did anyone get automatically excited when they saw those videos of the rookies in Ravens Unis???

Aaahh i feel bad for non sportsfans, nothing can replace this. Love it.. RAVENS!!

BTW let it be on the record, that my favorite Rookie is CB Asa Jackson. I think he will be a stud in the NFL.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Did anyone get automatically excited when they saw those videos of the rookies in Ravens Unis???

Aaahh i feel bad for non sportsfans, nothing can replace this. Love it.. RAVENS!!

BTW let it be on the record, that my favorite Rookie is CB Asa Jackson. I think he will be a stud in the NFL.
    They gonna be battling for that 4th CB spot. Gorrer played pretty decent with the limited snaps and I like Chykie Brown also so they will most def make each other better. I favorite is B. Pierce eventho I love RR

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

While I agree with continuity, it is very likely the Ravens will have to fill LT in 2013. Why not with a guy who (hopefuly) plays LG in 2012, and has a year of LT (college) experience? Now you may be right that he stays @ LG and develops, but until there is another guy we can use at LT I still see KO as a viable option... Bc
    I would much rather have him stay at a position where he can become dominant without position change.

2012/2013 O-Line:
    McKinnie - Osemele - Birk - Yanda - Oher

2013/2014 O-Line:
    Oher - Osemele - Gradkowski - Yanda - Reid

I honestly believe this would be the best option. I know Oher's contract is up after this year, but I trust him much more than any possible available Vet FA. This all depends if they can re-sign him for a decent contract. He knows the system, has played that position before, and works hard. It can't be any worse than McKinnie... With that said, we still need to draft a future LT in next year's draft. I really want Osemele to be our guy at LG.