Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven



    I'm not sure what it really means, retiring as a Raven. Maybe a 5 minute presentation at halftime of a home game?
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  2. #17

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Those morons in Tennessee cost him a Hall of Fame induction by wasting his first 3 years in the league, I would want to go out as a Raven too.

    Baltimore is where he made his mark, Titans just held him back.




  3. #18

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    I interpreted as him wanting to sign the one day contract in a Ravens jersey and then having a retirement press conference. Those retirement press conference get national coverage (NFL Network and maybe ESPN). Sorry, I just don't feel Mason's contribution deserves that level of commendation. I definitely think he deserves a halftime ceremony and I actually don't have a problem with him being inducted to the Ravens HOF at some point. These are personal celebrations with it just being Derrick, the Ravens, and us the fans. But a retirement press conference after a one day contract signing should be only for the cream of the crop that left at the end of their careers. So in other words, if Ray Lewis plays with say the Bucs for a year (not at all likely), or if Ed Reed plays a few years with the Colts and Chuck Pagano (I could actually see this happening)...they are the caliber of great player that would be worthy of the one day contract ceremony. Jamal Lewis, I'd argue was more important in Ravens history from an offensive standpoint than Derrick (plus he won a SB). He went to Browns for a few years at the end of his career. He didnt do the one day contract thing (right?? dont remember anything formal)
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 05-11-2012 at 06:38 PM.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,063
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm not sure what it really means, retiring as a Raven. Maybe a 5 minute presentation at halftime of a home game?
    Sign a one day contract and retire that day
    No money exchanged [or maybe one dollar if you want to get technical about it]

    And then a presentation by Ozzie, Dick Cass, Bisciotti and others at half time




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gettysburg, PA
    Posts
    2,959

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I definitely think he deserves a halftime ceremony and I actually don't have a problem with him being inducted to the Ravens HOF at some point.
    Neither do I!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Those morons in Tennessee cost him a Hall of Fame induction by wasting his first 3 years in the league, I would want to go out as a Raven too.

    Baltimore is where he made his mark, Titans just held him back.
    He was there 8 years including the top 3 years of his career and a SB appearance...
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,063
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Jamal Lewis, I'd argue was more important in Ravens history from an offensive standpoint than Derrick (plus he won a SB). He went to Browns for a few years at the end of his career. He didnt do the one day contract thing (right?? dont remember anything formal)
    No, did not retire as a Raven and is still not in the Ravens ROH


    Matt Stover retired after him yet got in already
    Stover is doing media work and is on great terms with Bisciotti.
    Realy, I think Matt Stover should work for the franchise for media and/or community relations. Very presentable, great public speaker and he'd be fantastic at it




  8. #23

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    And wasn't there some lockout of McNair treating him like a POS as they puched him out the door?
    Just saying that his relationship there may be a negative to Titans.

    Anyway, I'd be honored as a fan for DMase to retire as a Raven, he was/is a warrior


    I agree Im still a fan of his. Even before his heroic game he showed in Dallas a few years ago. No doubt im proud he's gonna retire in Bmore.




  9. #24

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He's still mad at them for not wanting to pay him

    Theyre idiots for letting him go at the time




  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    That's great! He played like a Raven and deserves to retire as one. I'll never forget him coming back into the game in Dallas game with a fucked up ass shoulder and still making plays.
    That game took my respect for Mason to a whole new level. He couldn't lift his arms up above his head and Dallas still couldnt stop him.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    378

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Mason gave us 110% every time he took the field. I love the fact that he would like to be known as a retired Raven, and with that he would be around to give our rookies pointers.




  12. #27

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I interpreted as him wanting to sign the one day contract in a Ravens jersey and then having a retirement press conference. Those retirement press conference get national coverage (NFL Network and maybe ESPN). Sorry, I just don't feel Mason's contribution deserves that level of commendation. I definitely think he deserves a halftime ceremony and I actually don't have a problem with him being inducted to the Ravens HOF at some point. These are personal celebrations with it just being Derrick, the Ravens, and us the fans. But a retirement press conference after a one day contract signing should be only for the cream of the crop that left at the end of their careers. So in other words, if Ray Lewis plays with say the Bucs for a year (not at all likely), or if Ed Reed plays a few years with the Colts and Chuck Pagano (I could actually see this happening)...they are the caliber of great player that would be worthy of the one day contract ceremony. Jamal Lewis, I'd argue was more important in Ravens history from an offensive standpoint than Derrick (plus he won a SB). He went to Browns for a few years at the end of his career. He didnt do the one day contract thing (right?? dont remember anything formal)
    Agreed and I would also take Jamal and Heeeeeeeeeap over Mason.

    Mason was great in 2007-2008.. and his 2008 season deserves a ton of respect.




  13. #28

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    DMase was a very important player on the O side and IMO there is plenty of room for him in the Ravens Ring of Honor.
    He talked alot and sometimes too much, but years from now, he should be remembered fondly by team and fans alike.
    It would be cool if they could let him play in the game that he retires a Raven in. He is done and that wont happen but would be cool




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Mason was simply the best receiver in Ravens history. He deserves to retire as a Raven, and belongs in the ROH.




  15. #30

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    mason was simply the best receiver in ravens history. He deserves to retire as a raven, and belongs in the roh.
    no freakin brainer!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland