Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Breakdown of Rookie Contracts

Based on the info disclosed so far:

Brian McFarland ‏ @RavensSalaryCap
    Ravens' 7th Round pick DeAngelo Tyson has Cap #'s of $401,898 (2012), $491,898 (2013), $581,898 (2014) and $671,898 (2015)

Ravens' 6th Round pick Tommy Streeter has Cap #'s of $413,625 (2012), $503,625 (2013), $593,625 (2014) and $683,627 (2015)

Ravens' 5th Round pick Asa Jackson has Cap #'s of $426,140 (2012), $516,140 (2013), $606,140 (2014) and $696,140 (2015)

Ravens' 3rd Round pick Bernard Pierce has Cap #'s of $528,986 (2012), $618,986 (2013), $708,986 (2014) and $798,986 (2015)

Ravens' 2nd Round pick Kelechi Osemele has Cap #'s of $608,340 (2012), $760,425 (2013), $912,510 (2014) and $1,064,595 (2015)

http://www.ravens24x7.com/columns/Th...ookie-signings

Also - as you can see - I've finally gotten around to posting this info on Twitter, so follow me at: Brian McFarland ‏ @RavensSalaryCap

(and I promise that I won't post anything but Ravens or Salary Cap related info!)
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: Breakdown of Rookie Contracts

Gotta love this new system. It's really great that just a couple weeks after the draft they're signed. They should have done this 20 years ago

amatuer question... if streeter is put to the PS as some think he may, how does this affect his contract? does it get scrapped and he gets a new one? or now hes on a LT deal, can he not be transferred to PS without cutting him from his current contract?

Streeter has a much chance going to the practice squad (i.e. not making the final cut of 53) as I have replacing Haloti Ngata

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    amatuer question... if streeter is put to the PS as some think he may, how does this affect his contract? does it get scrapped and he gets a new one? or now hes on a LT deal, can he not be transferred to PS without cutting him from his current contract?

Love all the info in the tables in your article. Thanks!

I know there are a lot of new rules w/ rookie contracts. I noticed in your article that all the contracts are the maximum of 4 years. Is this because there are no RFAs any more? Are there still ERFAs?

thats not what i asked but thanks for the input....
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Streeter has a much chance going to the practice squad (i.e. not making the final cut of 53) as I have replacing Haloti Ngata

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by rharris1986
    Streeter has a much chance going to the practice squad (i.e. not making the final cut of 53) as I have replacing Haloti Ngata.

thats not what i asked but thanks for the input....
    arnie lad, he may have been sarcastic, but he was spot on. Even though Streeter was a 6th round draft choice, I don't see any way the Ravens expose him on the P.S. He may make the 53 man roster as the last WR on the squad, but IMO he will make it because of his stretch-the-field upside... Bc

Here is what I know (so it won't take long):

A practice squad player gets $5,700 salary per week.

Speaking of rookies, here is a brief run down on some observations from the 1st rookie mini-camp. There are some encouraging things said here:

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...f-the-rookies/

yea i know that part, so can they just void a guys contract after he signed for four years only a few months ago is what im asking or how does it work?

the whole point of the post was lost to all but you, streeter was just an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Here is what I know (so it won't take long):

A practice squad player gets $5,700 salary per week.

yea i know that part, so can they just void a guys contract after he signed for four years only a few months ago is what im asking or how does it work?

the whole point of the post was lost to all but you, streeter was just an example.
    The CBA is 316 pages long, but the salary cap information is around page 90.

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/...-2011-2020.pdf

I'm not a lawyer, but it looks like the only thing the Ravens would be on the hook for would be any guaranteed money written into the original contract, but I can't exactly figure out when that hit would occur. If they cut a guy and put him on the practice squad, the practice squad salary is not part of the cap. o it's just the guaranteed money (and I didn't look at the rookie salary structures too closely to see how that breaks down).

That's the best I can do. B-Ravor probably can answer the question without reading 316 pages.

Blog Entries

I don't know for sure either, but it looks like the Ravens are on the hook for 2 things.
    Guaranteed money and Signing bonus.

Looking back to Davon Drew
    from http://gridironfans.com/forums/lates...-drew-3-a.html
    After signing a three-year contract worth a total of $1.324 million Thursday, Baltimore Ravens rookie tight end Davon Drew celebrated in a low-key manner by going to the barber shop for a haircut. The fifth-round draft pick from East Carolina became the first of the Ravens' six draft picks to agree to terms, receiving a $139,250 signing bonus.......Drew received minimum base salaries of $310,000 this season, $395,000 in 2010 and $480,000 in 2011, according to NFL Players Association figures.

IIRC when we cut him something like $240,000 poofed instead of 395,000 because he kept that.
    So the contract has to have clauses contingent on making the team (or maybe PUP or IR).

Seems to me that if they cut someone the guarentee accelerates like it would for a vet
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old