Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Breakdown of Rookie Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    amatuer question... if streeter is put to the PS as some think he may, how does this affect his contract? does it get scrapped and he gets a new one? or now hes on a LT deal, can he not be transferred to PS without cutting him from his current contract?
    If they released Streeter in order to try and get him on the PS, then they would be on the hook for this year's proration of Streeter's $94,502 bonus. Since draft picks now sign 4-year deals, this year's proration would be 1/4 of that number ($23,625). In such a case, they would have to account for dead money in 2013 of 3/4 of his bonus ($70,877).

After that, if on the PS, he would count $5,700 per week (as AB said) against the Salary Cap.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    If they released Streeter in order to try and get him on the PS, then they would be on the hook for this year's proration of Streeter's $94,502 bonus. Since draft picks now sign 4-year deals, this year's proration would be 1/4 of that number ($23,625). In such a case, they would have to account for dead money in 2013 of 3/4 of his bonus ($70,877).

After that, if on the PS, he would count $5,700 per week (as AB said) against the Salary Cap.
    So its the same ramifications if we just flat out cut a player then

Yes. Since we're post June 1st, this year's bonus proration still counts this year and the final 3 years worth of prorations accelerate against next year's Cap.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

I've Googled and cant really find any hits
    but I remember some years ago that The FO had to make a number of in-season moves with injuries
    (Maybe it was Willie Anderson coming in, I don't remember)
    All I can remember is that cap space got unbelievably tight and someone from the FO said something to the effect that we may not be able to have all practice squad slots filled.
    Something to the effect that when money runs out, it runs out, nothing you can do about it, but I can't find anything on the net documenting it.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old