View Poll Results: Who will lead the Team in sacks?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suggs

2 5.71%
  • Upshaw

4 11.43%
  • A.Jones

0 0%
  • Ngata

0 0%
  • Kindle

1 2.86%
  • McPhee

14 40.00%
  • Kruger

12 34.29%
  • Other

2 5.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who will lead the team in sacks?

This was a story on BR.com a few days ago..

It is an interesting question because there is still a solid chance that Sizzle still leads the team in sacks.

But my money is on Kruger, at this moment, he is the best healthy pass rusher we have. I also think he will play Sugg's position which is the rush every down position.

It has to be one of the Outside guys.. I cant see an interior guy leading the team in sacks.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Re: Who will lead the team in sacks?

No idea but I'm concerned that the numbers will be down, no matter who leads.... :(

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Kindle, what the hell :bag:

Blog Entries

If Suggs is back by October, it will be Suggs. I could see Kruger starting off hot, with Upshaw having the next surge, while attention rotates to Kruger. However, I could also see Upshaw hitting that 'rookie wall'. So, if Suggs will be back by October, I will say Suggs. Otherwise, I will go with Kruger.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I am going with McPhee. Look at all the havoc he wrecked while splitting time with two other guys. I can't wait to see what he does when it's just him and Art Jones in the rotation.

Blog Entries

Kruger had 6 sacks in limited rotation last year.

Imagine what he could do as a full time pass rusher. I wouldn't be surprised if Kruger had more sacks than Suggs had last year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'd say its a split between Kruger and McPhee but I'm going with Kruger because McPhee may still be in a part time role with Art Jones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Imagine what he could do as a full time pass rusher. I wouldn't be surprised if Kruger had more sacks than Suggs had last year.
    Those sacks came off the bench and it's the reason I'm picking McPhee. I don't think Kruger will be nearly as effective as a pass rusher playing full time vs. part time like he did last year. He's not going to be coming in fresh and lining up against a guy that has just gone six plays against Johnson anymore.

I don't see a double digit sack guy on that list though, unless Suggs is back sooner than expected. I think McPhee is going to be the most productive of those guys sack wise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

The problem is that Kruger won't be a full time pass rusher. He's going to have to deal with running backs going right after him. I see Kruger having a rough 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The problem is that Kruger won't be a full time pass rusher. He's going to have to deal with running backs going right after him. I see Kruger having a rough 2012.
    Who's Kruger Replacing??? If it's Redding's position, I would imagine Mr. Jones has got the inside track on 1st and 2nd down. I don't think he's going to drop in the Suggs position either. We have never seen Kruger drop back in pass coverage. Granted Suggs didn't drop alot, but he did it enough to make teams think about it. In fact, it was his inability to do that which led to the Ravens trying to put him on the D-Line full time in 2010. It just seems to me that if any guys on the roster are going to be asked to do more things with Suggs injured and JJ/Redding gone, it will be the more athletic McPhee, and Jones, not Kruger who took 3 years to find a way onto the field. Just think his upside is more limited.

That said, I think he leads the team in Sacks until Suggs returns.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-terrell-suggs

Good article by Bucky Brooks, giving his thoughts about what the Ravens might do without Suggs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Those sacks came off the bench and it's the reason I'm picking McPhee. I don't think Kruger will be nearly as effective as a pass rusher playing full time vs. part time like he did last year. He's not going to be coming in fresh and lining up against a guy that has just gone six plays against Johnson anymore.

I don't see a double digit sack guy on that list though, unless Suggs is back sooner than expected. I think McPhee is going to be the most productive of those guys sack wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Both points are valid, but you can look at it from the other angle too.

Krugers sacks and QB pressures came off the bench...i.e. limited opportunities and he made the most of them. There is a significant potential for him to be even more effective with the increase in snaps because he'll have significantly more opportunities.

GOTA - you're right, he will be having to deal with playing the RB, but that doesn't mean that he can't or won't be able to expand on what he was able to do last year. He wasn't only out on the field during passing plays and he wasn't only rushing the passer on those plays either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.