Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Rumours: Ravens offer a third round pick for Osi

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    you dont use a third round pick for a one year rental...
    We used a 4th on Lee Evans... plus Osi will get overpaid by someone in FA and we'll at least get a 4th round comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    We used a 4th on Lee Evans... plus Osi will get overpaid by someone in FA and we'll at least get a 4th round comp.
    That's a good point and strategy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    you dont use a third round pick for a one year rental...
    Didn't we trade a 4th round pick for Evans in 2011? Close enough... Bc

P.S. - sorry, Iscull beat me to it.

4. Re: Rumours: Ravens offer a third round pick for Osi

This is really intriguing. I like the possibility of 4 down linemen being Cody, Ngata, Osi and McPhee. Upshaw and Kruger don't seem right to be 4-3 OLB's though. Could Osi possibly take Redding's spot? Osi, Ngata and Cody and then Upshaw, Lewis, McClain and Kruger would be a pretty damn good front seven. With Reed Pollard Smith and Webb as the DB's. Seems pretty good to me. When Suggs is back he takes the spot of Kruger or Upshaw depending on performance and then a rotation happens.

The question is can Osi play a 3-4 DE? If yes, he is 100% worth a 3rd IMO

However, I don't think he has the size to be a 3-4 DE. He's 6'3 255, to compare Redding is 6'4 300. Just something to think about. Osi seems more of a natural 4-3 DE and I don't think the Ravens would be as good in a 4-3, given Upshaw and Kruger being better 3-4 OLB's
    Last edited by GreatWhiteNorthRaven; 05-11-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Glad rumors are just that. Let Osi stay in ny. Let the youngin's play

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    This is really intriguing. I like the possibility of 4 down linemen being Cody, Ngata, Osi and McPhee. Upshaw and Kruger don't seem right to be 4-3 OLB's though. Could Osi possibly take Redding's spot? Osi, Ngata and Cody and then Upshaw, Lewis, McClain and Kruger would be a pretty damn good front seven. With Reed Pollard Smith and Webb as the DB's. Seems pretty good to me. When Suggs is back he takes the spot of Kruger or Upshaw depending on performance and then a rotation happens.

The question is can Osi play a 3-4 DE? If yes, he is 100% worth a 3rd IMO

However, I don't think he has the size to be a 3-4 DE. He's 6'3 255, to compare Redding is 6'4 300. Just something to think about. Osi seems more of a natural 4-3 DE and I don't think the Ravens would be as good in a 4-3, given Upshaw and Kruger being better 3-4 OLB's
    Osi isn't a 5 tech DE, not big or tough enough to play that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Yes but that wasn't the plan. Evans catches that ball and he's still here...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't think it would be for a "1 year rental" as many of you guys think. Last year we actually tried trading for Osi, so they obviously like the guy. It would not surprise me if they see him as a 4 year type guy for us. You can never have too many pass rushers in this league.
    He wants Suggs money. That's why this would be a rental. They're not going to be able to commit that amount to anyone
    He Who Dares.....Wins

The Ravens just drafted an Ose. Do they need an Osi? That's really confusing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    We will likely be playing a lot more nickel this year, looking at the passing attacks we face. And the one thing this defense has been missing is a true 4-3 defensive end. But they wont give up a third without an extension in place. It would be unprecedented as far as the ravens go.
    That's a given. It's a nickel league now...
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Osi is getting older. I wouldnt want him for more than a year. Especially when you consider he wants paid again. Hes not bad but would be ideal for a one year rental. Fill in for suggs, although i dont think hes as complete a player, and let him walk. 3rd might be a bit high for that, but clearly if true they want/need him. Honestly i dont see the giants getting much more for him.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He wants Suggs money. That's why this would be a rental. They're not going to be able to commit that amount to anyone
    True and considering what the Colts paid Robert Mathis (who is an undersized DE never having played 3-4 OLB before) it's no wonder that Osi and his agent are going to be looking for top dollar.

It's a damned if you do/damned if you don't scenario though.

Ravens trade for him, get him on a 1 year deal, he contributes to the pass rush with 8-12 sacks and the Ravens go to the SB and the trade was worth it and makes sense. Conversely, if they trade for the guy, he can't beat out Kruger or Upshaw to get on the field, contributes very little and the Ravens don't get to the playoffs because of a lack of a pass rush and the trade was a total waste.

I would say why don't they wait till he's released, but Jerry Reese isn't going to cut him. He's a premeir pass rusher with a $3 million (IIRC) cap hit. There's no point in releasing him.

At the end of the day, I say roll with what you have. I'm still trying to figure out why Kindle cannot be a pure pass rusher on passing downs and in certain packages. He's been with the team long enough now and frankly if the kid can't digest the playbook, fine, but you don't need to digest the entire playbook if you're limiting his playing time to just "go-get'em" scenarios.

If I'm Dean Pees and after this off-season Kindle still isn't grasping certain concepts, then I'm ok with that because I've got other guys who can and do grasp those concepts. I'm installing about 8-10 snaps per game for Kindle and his one and only purpose in those snaps is to go get the QB. No dropping into coverages. No read-react scenarios. Just go out there, use your speed and strength, and hit the QB in the mouth.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com