Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rumours: Ravens offer a third round pick for Osi

https://twitter.com/#!/TheHuddleRepo...87252048986112

Never heard of it before, but then again, a "guy at work" was right about suggs.

At first i thought the yanda deal was for breathing room after the reason jones signing bringing us to practically zero cap left, but maybe now it may be to create room for osi.

Not sure how i feel about it, yes its a great move in the short term, but what would happen when suggs comes back, and then of course theres the question of how he fits in a 3-4, would it mean we go more to a 4-3 etc...

But again all just rumours, no definate reports of an offer yet...

Re: Rumours: Ravens offer a third round pick for Osi

Noooo.....

Umenyiora doesn't even play the same position as Suggs and does not carry the same diversity of talents as Suggs in any form. I'd rather stick with McPhee. He's cheaper, won't strap our cap leverage, and won't cost us a 2012 3rd rounder. Also, he's assured of being a Raven in 2013. Umenyiora will be a one year rental---no chance of his salary demands being met by management this offseason.

Blog Entries

It wouldn't hurt the rotation, I feel like they ar bulking up on DT, so we might see more 4-3 than 3-4 this year.

I can't even imagine having Osi and Sizzle when he comes back. Even if it was just for a rental, our pass rush would be ridiculous. For those who say he doesn't fit the scheme, Suggs had his hand in the dirt almost every down last year. Plus, we would probably play a lot more nickle based defense. With that said, I don't know how he fits in our current cap situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I can't even imagine having Osi and Sizzle when he comes back. Even if it was just for a rental, our pass rush would be ridiculous. For those who say he doesn't fit the scheme, Suggs had his hand in the dirt almost every down last year. Plus, we would probably play a lot more nickle based defense. With that said, I don't know how he fits in our current cap situation...
    This actually isn't true. Suggs was almost a perfect 50/50 split between down lineman and two-point linebacker last year, a true DE/OLB. In 2009 and 2010 he was a DE 90% of the time in Mattison's 4-3 scheme. But under Pagano (and presumably Pees who has an extensive history in the 3-4) we are much more of a hybrid.

I expect that we may even be slanted more towards the 3-4, perhaps 70/30, this year given the personnel and change at DC. So the scheme fit is definitely a concern. Osi has also said he wants to be a starter and is unhappy being a nickel guy in New York, so why would he come here to continue to be a nickel guy?

I absolutely don't see the fit here at all. Osi wants to start this year and get a gigantic contract in 2013. I'm not sure where he fits here in terms of X's and O's, and I certainly don't think he'll get the 200 million or whatever he thinks he's worth from the Ravens.

Blog Entries

The ravens wont deal for him unless they have come to terms with Osi on an extension.

Doubt this happens....

Isn't Osi still looking for a big contract? Yeah no. Pass please.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

If I were the Ravens, I'd pass and take my chances with what they have already. I'd like to think maybe Upshaw and the others can suffice while Suggs is out.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Glad rumors are just that. Let Osi stay in ny. Let the youngin's play

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!