Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Rumours: Ravens offer a third round pick for Osi

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    it was written on the 8th may, thats two days? where are you getting the week from?
    All the Giants fans in my office who asked me about it last Friday. At least 4 of them talked to me about it. I was told someone on WFAN which is the local sports radio station, mentioned it.

By the way, all 4 thought it was too low and that the Ravens were so desperate they'd give a 1st round pick. I laughed that off telling them they don't know Ozzie if they think that would ever happen.

Blog Entries

I would do it if Osi plays without an extension. You get a one year rental on a top tier player who wants a big contract, who you aren't going to NEED to retain in 2013-forward since Suggs will be 100% at that time. I am not a believer that Kruger/Kindle/Upshaw are going to provide adequate production in Suggs/JJ spots. I don't think it will happen though. Not the Ravens style.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I would do it if Osi plays without an extension. You get a one year rental on a top tier player who wants a big contract, who you aren't going to NEED to retain in 2013-forward since Suggs will be 100% at that time. I am not a believer that Kruger/Kindle/Upshaw are going to provide adequate production in Suggs/JJ spots. I don't think it will happen though. Not the Ravens style.
    The problem with Osi is that he's nuts. Anyone read his comments about maybe letting his kids play football but then not letting them play football and how he'll be in wheelchair by the time he's 40 but he won't quit.....The guy is a real handful. Would he play without an extension? Who knows? The only thing that makes players like that see the light is when the offers dry up.

Eventually Osi will do a Ricky Williams and become a really good and productive backup player. For know though you have to be willing to deal with his personality if you want his talent.

iggyman555 Guest

yea i heard about this on monday from a coworker, we work in NYC. apparently its been a rumor since last friday, but doesnt sound like anything is going to happen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Isn't the cap due to go up substantially in 2014? I would do this deal in a heartbeat. It would give the Ravens a good pass rush until Suggs comes back, and an incredible pass rush after Suggs comes back. I love the selection of Courtney Upshaw, but he does not have the reputation of being a great pass rusher. I think Ozzie envisioned Upshaw taking over JJ's role. The Ravens needed to improve their pass rush even before Suggs's injury.

Also, I read on PFT.com that Osi said he would not need his contract re-negotiated for any team that wanted to trade for him. My thinking about Osi is that he thinks he is worth a lot more money than he is actually worth. The Ravens have experience dealing with veteran players like that (Ray Lewis, Ed Reed). Trade a 3rd round pick for Osi now under his current contract, and let him test FA after the 2012 season. When no team breaks the bank for him, then re-sign him to a fair deal.
    Last edited by Dirt1; 05-10-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    yea i heard about this on monday from a coworker, we work in NYC. apparently its been a rumor since last friday, but doesnt sound like anything is going to happen
    Unless the hold-up is that the Ravens are trying to negotiate an extension with Osi...

you dont use a third round pick for a one year rental...

Blog Entries

You do if you think you are very close to a Super Bowl, and you think you can resign that player when he realizes in FA that he isn't worth as much as he thinks he is worth.

Blog Entries

Osi was a beast during the play offs remember that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Osi was a beast during the play offs remember that.
    Osi is a great talent. Put him and Suggs together and you have a dominant pass rush. Add in what the other guys might be able to do and this defense on paper looks incredible.

Blog Entries

I would in this case. Rice, Lewis, Reed, Boldin, they could all be gone next year, among others. I understand the need to have picks to have continued, long term success, but they have to look at the roster and see that this could be their last legit shot at a Super Bowl for at least a year or two. The window isn't going to seal shut but I believe they are going to have to do some major retooling to the roster after this year. I wouldn't think twice about giving up a third for Osi, even if just for a year.

Blog Entries

Go with what we got now. Round 3 along with #1 is Ozzie's best round. Osi is trouble.

I got us down for 9-10 wins as is.