Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 85 to 90 of 90
  1. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rumours: Ravens offer a third round pick for Osi



    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Not totally. The Giants would get a pick in 2013 not comp pick that will be later pick number in 2014. Also, if traded Giants clear 4 million in cap space, they need cap space.
    What do they need cap space for? Who is it they have to sign? It's true that the comp pick would be in 2014 but if any player has a shot at a 3rd round comp pick it's Osi who will get good money and produces a ton of sacks. The only possible reason the Giants would trade Osi would be if they got a deal they couldn't refuse.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  2. #86

    Re: Rumours: Ravens offer a third round pick for Osi

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What do they need cap space for? Who is it they have to sign? It's true that the comp pick would be in 2014 but if any player has a shot at a 3rd round comp pick it's Osi who will get good money and produces a ton of sacks. The only possible reason the Giants would trade Osi would be if they got a deal they couldn't refuse.
    The Giant media was the one that said they would take a 3rd for him. They are real close to the cap now with rookies. They might want to lock up Cruz and add bodies. But you dont want to go to camp with no cap space in case injuries occur, you need some room.




  3. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,364
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Rumours: Ravens offer a third round pick for Osi

    Jerry Reese holds all of the cards and isn't going to move Osi unless it's a deal that they can't refuse.

    In fact, Osi and his agent can spout off all they want. They did the same thing last year and the year before IIRC. Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin didn't blink and they got a SB out of it.

    I doubt they move him at all. They don't have to.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #88

    Re: Rumours: Ravens offer a third round pick for Osi

    They will need cap space as they will want to sign Cruz ASAP before his price goes through the roof and if they trade him now they get a pick in 2013 vs 2014. There may be some other players they need to sign as well who have expiring contracts.

    My only concern is that Osi does not fit our system and we have young guys who have shown that they can play.




  5. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rumours: Ravens offer a third round pick for Osi

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    They will need cap space as they will want to sign Cruz ASAP before his price goes through the roof and if they trade him now they get a pick in 2013 vs 2014. There may be some other players they need to sign as well who have expiring contracts.

    My only concern is that Osi does not fit our system and we have young guys who have shown that they can play.
    Cruz is theirs for 2 more seasons or 3 if they then decide to franchise him. They'll deal with Cruz when they need to. This year Cruz has said he's fine playing for $540k. It's very similar to Ray Rice playing his whole rookie contract without ever bitching about it.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  6. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rumours: Ravens offer a third round pick for Osi

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    The Giant media was the one that said they would take a 3rd for him. They are real close to the cap now with rookies. They might want to lock up Cruz and add bodies. But you dont want to go to camp with no cap space in case injuries occur, you need some room.
    Has Jerry Reese ever panicked or screwed up his cap? He's the best GM in the NFL. Why do you think they set up Eli's contract the way they did? Every time they need cap space all they have to do is restructure. It's exactly what the Steelers do with Ben. The only difference is that the Giants pretty much only do it with Eli so they never get into a horrible cap situation while the Steelers do it with many players.

    If Reese had to move Osi he'd be actively shopping him which he isn't but I'm sure he'll listen to all offers. The NY media is enormous. It's by far the largest in the country. They talk and print every possibility. Tim Tebow had over 100 media just at his locker day last week. Just because they say this was offered does not mean there is any truth to it.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland