Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 115
  1. #16

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100



    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm actually surprised he's in the top 100 at all, that must mean either Leach, Yanda, or Webb was snubbed.
    The list is bound to be QB heavy. Is there room for a fullback as one of the top 100 players in the NFL? Leach is the best at his position but his position is by far the least important in all of football. He seems like the kind of guy the players would put on the list, though.

    Webb has only been a starter 1 year, but he was a top 5 corner in the NFL last year. Yanda has been one of the best linemen in the NFL over the past 2 years but he doesn't have the name recognition or a fat contract to back that up.

    I dunno, I could see any of those 3 not making the list and it wouldn't be that huge a "snubb." Remember that the top 100 is basically a popularity contest among players. I guess that makes it even more surprising that Joe made it at all because he's not exactly Mr. Congeniality.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

    well john kuhn is already in it, so leach better be.

    The first night the wee ticker said 7 Ravens

    1. Ray
    2. Suggs
    3. Ngata
    4. Reed
    5. Joe
    6. Ray Rice
    7. Leach... assuming hes better than kuhn

    Biggest snubs are yanda and webb
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The list is bound to be QB heavy. Is there room for a fullback as one of the top 100 players in the NFL? Leach is the best at his position but his position is by far the least important in all of football. He seems like the kind of guy the players would put on the list, though.

    Webb has only been a starter 1 year, but he was a top 5 corner in the NFL last year. Yanda has been one of the best linemen in the NFL over the past 2 years but he doesn't have the name recognition or a fat contract to back that up.

    I dunno, I could see any of those 3 not making the list and it wouldn't be that huge a "snubb." Remember that the top 100 is basically a popularity contest among players. I guess that makes it even more surprising that Joe made it at all because he's not exactly Mr. Congeniality.




  3. #18

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100





  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,062
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This can't be...all the national media has been saying he regressed last year!
    I guess those that play with and against him disagree.

    I'm not a big fan of these ranking lists but I do find it interesting to see what the players think of each other.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jumped off Couch
    Posts
    1,015
    I'd guess Webb makes it over Leach but we'll see. Having Kuhn at #92 is just bizarre.

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Panama City Beach FL
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

    NFL.com posted an article about Joe's ranking, saying that he is finally getting some respect. They call him the NFL's Rodney Dangerfield.

    Here is the article:

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...s-some-respect
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello





  7. #22

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

    I love the reaction show with the esteemed QB expert Jaime Dukes and Kurt Warner arguing over Flacco being lower than Romo. Of course, Jaime 'I played in the NFL... I swear I did' Dukes said Romo's stats are so much better than Flacco so he is deserve to be lowered on the list than Flacco. Kurt argued (and I feel correctly) that pure stats are not as important to fellow players but how player X performs in crunch time. Flacco drove the Ravens to a TD in Pitt, and outperformed Brady in ACCC. Dukes countered that any NFL QB could have diced up the NE secondary, so that's not a good point. Gimme a freaking break!!! Pretty simple question, could Romo drive his Cowboys with their better corp of WRs and Witten 92yds against the Steelers D in Pittsburgh with 2:30 1TO left? Think we all know that answer.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Panama City Beach FL
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I love the reaction show with the esteemed QB expert Jaime Dukes and Kurt Warner arguing over Flacco being lower than Romo. Of course, Jaime 'I played in the NFL... I swear I did' Dukes said Romo's stats are so much better than Flacco so he is deserve to be lowered on the list than Flacco. Kurt argued (and I feel correctly) that pure stats are not as important to fellow players but how player X performs in crunch time. Flacco drove the Ravens to a TD in Pitt, and outperformed Brady in ACCC. Dukes countered that any NFL QB could have diced up the NE secondary, so that's not a good point. Gimme a freaking break!!! Pretty simple question, could Romo drive his Cowboys with their better corp of WRs 92yds against the Steelers D in Pittsburgh with 2:30 1TO left? Think we all know that answer.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello





  9. #24

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm actually surprised he's in the top 100 at all, that must mean either Leach, Yanda, or Webb was snubbed.
    I didn't think he's make it either...

    He regressed in every statistical category, but progressed 16 spots?? Just doesn't add up. But what Joe lost in stats this season he won in clutch performances. He did his thing this year in the clutch, they emphasized on that on his clip. That must have been it i guess.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





  10. #25

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

    Wasn't this top 100 list constructed by NFL network without the actual players' input. Even if the players did have a say most of their opinions aren't credible so who cares what they have to say about who the best is.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I didn't think he's make it either...

    He regressed in every statistical category, but progressed 16 spots?? Just doesn't add up. But what Joe lost in stats this season he won in clutch performances. He did his thing this year in the clutch, they emphasized on that on his clip. That must have been it i guess.
    The biggest knock on Flacco heading in to the season was he couldn't get past Pittsburgh with Ben under center. He did that twice.




  12. #27

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I love the reaction show with the esteemed QB expert Jaime Dukes and Kurt Warner arguing over Flacco being lower than Romo. Of course, Jaime 'I played in the NFL... I swear I did' Dukes said Romo's stats are so much better than Flacco so he is deserve to be lowered on the list than Flacco. Kurt argued (and I feel correctly) that pure stats are not as important to fellow players but how player X performs in crunch time. Flacco drove the Ravens to a TD in Pitt, and outperformed Brady in ACCC. Dukes countered that any NFL QB could have diced up the NE secondary, so that's not a good point. Gimme a freaking break!!! Pretty simple question, could Romo drive his Cowboys with their better corp of WRs and Witten 92yds against the Steelers D in Pittsburgh with 2:30 1TO left? Think we all know that answer.
    I thought it was funny that Dukes said Flacco laid a dud against the Texans but failed to mention Ray had 60 yds rushing (avg. 2.9) and was a non-factor for most of the game. Warner was right, the list was voted on by the players and the perception around the league is the Flacco has become a clutch player while Romo's is still doubted.




  13. #28

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    I'd guess Webb makes it over Leach but we'll see. Having Kuhn at #92 is just bizarre.

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    since its player voted upon im sure more WRs are aware of Webbs skills (moving around in packages) than LBs are of Leach's. In all honesty I dont think Leach was amazing last year, very good but not amazing. even if he is the best at his position, which i think he is, his year was good not great due to Rice's running style and not following him all the time as well as flat out not using him sometimes due to Cams playcalling. Wouldnt surprise me if hes the one left out. it would be surprising if webb is, as he arguably had the best year of any DB.

    Id take active players opinions over a stat sheet any day. Saying he regressed when its obvious the league as a whole thinks he has progressed as a player is just being blinded by numbers.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 05-10-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    -JAB




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,401
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

    Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Wasn't this top 100 list constructed by NFL network without the actual players' input. Even if the players did have a say most of their opinions aren't credible so who cares what they have to say about who the best is.
    No it was voted on by players only.




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,901
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I thought it was funny that Dukes said Flacco laid a dud against the Texans but failed to mention Ray had 60 yds rushing (avg. 2.9) and was a non-factor for most of the game. Warner was right, the list was voted on by the players and the perception around the league is that Flacco has become a clutch player while Romo's is still doubted.
    I was actually shocked in the Romo segment. They said more doubtful things than positive. Heck they still brought up the hold!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland