Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

Wasn't this top 100 list constructed by NFL network without the actual players' input. Even if the players did have a say most of their opinions aren't credible so who cares what they have to say about who the best is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I didn't think he's make it either...

He regressed in every statistical category, but progressed 16 spots?? Just doesn't add up. But what Joe lost in stats this season he won in clutch performances. He did his thing this year in the clutch, they emphasized on that on his clip. That must have been it i guess.
    The biggest knock on Flacco heading in to the season was he couldn't get past Pittsburgh with Ben under center. He did that twice.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I love the reaction show with the esteemed QB expert Jaime Dukes and Kurt Warner arguing over Flacco being lower than Romo. Of course, Jaime 'I played in the NFL... I swear I did' Dukes said Romo's stats are so much better than Flacco so he is deserve to be lowered on the list than Flacco. Kurt argued (and I feel correctly) that pure stats are not as important to fellow players but how player X performs in crunch time. Flacco drove the Ravens to a TD in Pitt, and outperformed Brady in ACCC. Dukes countered that any NFL QB could have diced up the NE secondary, so that's not a good point. Gimme a freaking break!!! Pretty simple question, could Romo drive his Cowboys with their better corp of WRs and Witten 92yds against the Steelers D in Pittsburgh with 2:30 1TO left? Think we all know that answer.
    I thought it was funny that Dukes said Flacco laid a dud against the Texans but failed to mention Ray had 60 yds rushing (avg. 2.9) and was a non-factor for most of the game. Warner was right, the list was voted on by the players and the perception around the league is the Flacco has become a clutch player while Romo's is still doubted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    I'd guess Webb makes it over Leach but we'll see. Having Kuhn at #92 is just bizarre.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    since its player voted upon im sure more WRs are aware of Webbs skills (moving around in packages) than LBs are of Leach's. In all honesty I dont think Leach was amazing last year, very good but not amazing. even if he is the best at his position, which i think he is, his year was good not great due to Rice's running style and not following him all the time as well as flat out not using him sometimes due to Cams playcalling. Wouldnt surprise me if hes the one left out. it would be surprising if webb is, as he arguably had the best year of any DB.

Id take active players opinions over a stat sheet any day. Saying he regressed when its obvious the league as a whole thinks he has progressed as a player is just being blinded by numbers.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 05-10-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Wasn't this top 100 list constructed by NFL network without the actual players' input. Even if the players did have a say most of their opinions aren't credible so who cares what they have to say about who the best is.
    No it was voted on by players only.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I thought it was funny that Dukes said Flacco laid a dud against the Texans but failed to mention Ray had 60 yds rushing (avg. 2.9) and was a non-factor for most of the game. Warner was right, the list was voted on by the players and the perception around the league is that Flacco has become a clutch player while Romo's is still doubted.
    I was actually shocked in the Romo segment. They said more doubtful things than positive. Heck they still brought up the hold!

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Sounds good to me, top 75 of about what 1700 players?
    About 700 starters. So they've got Joe in the top 10% of players.

#11 QB, which seems about right, give or take.

Blog Entries

This was a list voted on by the players.

Seems to me like the players view Flacco a bit differently than the media, huh? :)

Fuck Jamie Dukes.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I would seriously kick Jamie Dukes in the balls if I ever had the chance to see, this guy really has it in for Flacco and just chats shit.

Rage over, but seriously he really knows nothing, Warren Sapp gets more heat, but at least he tells it how it is.

I'm totally okay with where Flacco is ranked. He's clearly a top 100 player, but hasn't performed well enough or consistently enough to be considered a top 50 player. Keep in mind that probably about 60% of the players who made the 2011 top 50 will eventually be in Canton, so that's a pretty elite class. Flacco is not a HOF player...yet....he certainly has the potential to be though.

I'm ok with him in the top 100. He should be, he's earned it with consistency of winning for all 4 years as a starter.

The perception of his play has been magnified by the critical drops at the worst of times that are also reported as being on him by the media.

Example, Brady has a critical pass dropped by Welker and it is blown up that Welker blew it and Brady is great and can't throw it AND catch it! Flacco drives the Ravens downfield on the potential, AFC championship game winning drive, only to have Evans unable to hold onto Joe's pass that was perfectly thrown into his gut. Media: Flacco not super bowl ready.

Flacco has had game winning passes simply dropped in the endzone, year after year...Boldin, Mason, Evans.
    Looking back over the last 4 seasons, the Ravens were on the brink of the super bowl 3 times.
    I think Joe had ALOT to do about that fact.

If Brady had all those Vinatieri super bowl game winning field goals missed, how would the media have viewed him???
    If Eli doesn't have an relatively unknown receiver make one of the greatest catches in super bowl history, the Giants don't win that super bowl.

Every quarterback that goes on and wins the super bowl has to have receivers make plays, they need to catch the freaking ball. How about Ben's super bowl winning throw?...Holmes making an unbelieveable catch with his two feet ontop of each other inbounds as his body is completely stretched out of bounds. What happens if Harrison doesn't make that spectacular 100 yard interception return for a TD to end the first half? Do the Steelers even have a chance to win that game??

The catches are made and the quarterback is great.
    They are dropped and they are game managers and they are mediocre.
    It's all perception.
    Is Flacco the best? Of course not, but the crap that is thrown on him is ridiculous.
    Even that comment he made has been twisted by the media to ridicule him.
    He was saying all quarterbacks in the NFL should think of themselves as the best in order to compete in this league.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I love the reaction show with the esteemed QB expert Jaime Dukes and Kurt Warner arguing over Flacco being lower than Romo. Of course, Jaime 'I played in the NFL... I swear I did' Dukes said Romo's stats are so much better than Flacco so he is deserve to be lowered on the list than Flacco. Kurt argued (and I feel correctly) that pure stats are not as important to fellow players but how player X performs in crunch time. Flacco drove the Ravens to a TD in Pitt, and outperformed Brady in ACCC. Dukes countered that any NFL QB could have diced up the NE secondary, so that's not a good point. Gimme a freaking break!!! Pretty simple question, could Romo drive his Cowboys with their better corp of WRs and Witten 92yds against the Steelers D in Pittsburgh with 2:30 1TO left? Think we all know that answer.
    I just caught this segment. I am to the point where I can't believe these guys are that dumb. Next he'll be arguing that Matt Ryan DESERVES to be above Tony Romo, despite the facts that Ryan's stats are eerily similar to Flacco's, with better offensive talent, and he like Romo chokes in the post season.

And Heath Evans lets not even go there. I can't stand that guy either.