Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

I'm actually surprised he's in the top 100 at all, that must mean either Leach, Yanda, or Webb was snubbed.

Blog Entries

id say thats around where he belongs... ill be interested to see what QBs rank ahead of him and how far apart they are. This is only player voted upon?
    -JAB

I can't believe the NFL can actually do something so dumb like filler air time with top 100 lists every year and that people CARE haha. What a money grab that network is.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm actually surprised he's in the top 100 at all, that must mean either Leach, Yanda, or Webb was snubbed.
    The list is bound to be QB heavy. Is there room for a fullback as one of the top 100 players in the NFL? Leach is the best at his position but his position is by far the least important in all of football. He seems like the kind of guy the players would put on the list, though.

Webb has only been a starter 1 year, but he was a top 5 corner in the NFL last year. Yanda has been one of the best linemen in the NFL over the past 2 years but he doesn't have the name recognition or a fat contract to back that up.

I dunno, I could see any of those 3 not making the list and it wouldn't be that huge a "snubb." Remember that the top 100 is basically a popularity contest among players. I guess that makes it even more surprising that Joe made it at all because he's not exactly Mr. Congeniality.

well john kuhn is already in it, so leach better be.

The first night the wee ticker said 7 Ravens

1. Ray
    2. Suggs
    3. Ngata
    4. Reed
    5. Joe
    6. Ray Rice
    7. Leach... assuming hes better than kuhn

Biggest snubs are yanda and webb
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The list is bound to be QB heavy. Is there room for a fullback as one of the top 100 players in the NFL? Leach is the best at his position but his position is by far the least important in all of football. He seems like the kind of guy the players would put on the list, though.

Webb has only been a starter 1 year, but he was a top 5 corner in the NFL last year. Yanda has been one of the best linemen in the NFL over the past 2 years but he doesn't have the name recognition or a fat contract to back that up.

I dunno, I could see any of those 3 not making the list and it wouldn't be that huge a "snubb." Remember that the top 100 is basically a popularity contest among players. I guess that makes it even more surprising that Joe made it at all because he's not exactly Mr. Congeniality.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This can't be...all the national media has been saying he regressed last year!
    I guess those that play with and against him disagree.

I'm not a big fan of these ranking lists but I do find it interesting to see what the players think of each other.

I'd guess Webb makes it over Leach but we'll see. Having Kuhn at #92 is just bizarre.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

NFL.com posted an article about Joe's ranking, saying that he is finally getting some respect. They call him the NFL's Rodney Dangerfield.

Here is the article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...s-some-respect
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I love the reaction show with the esteemed QB expert Jaime Dukes and Kurt Warner arguing over Flacco being lower than Romo. Of course, Jaime 'I played in the NFL... I swear I did' Dukes said Romo's stats are so much better than Flacco so he is deserve to be lowered on the list than Flacco. Kurt argued (and I feel correctly) that pure stats are not as important to fellow players but how player X performs in crunch time. Flacco drove the Ravens to a TD in Pitt, and outperformed Brady in ACCC. Dukes countered that any NFL QB could have diced up the NE secondary, so that's not a good point. Gimme a freaking break!!! Pretty simple question, could Romo drive his Cowboys with their better corp of WRs and Witten 92yds against the Steelers D in Pittsburgh with 2:30 1TO left? Think we all know that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I love the reaction show with the esteemed QB expert Jaime Dukes and Kurt Warner arguing over Flacco being lower than Romo. Of course, Jaime 'I played in the NFL... I swear I did' Dukes said Romo's stats are so much better than Flacco so he is deserve to be lowered on the list than Flacco. Kurt argued (and I feel correctly) that pure stats are not as important to fellow players but how player X performs in crunch time. Flacco drove the Ravens to a TD in Pitt, and outperformed Brady in ACCC. Dukes countered that any NFL QB could have diced up the NE secondary, so that's not a good point. Gimme a freaking break!!! Pretty simple question, could Romo drive his Cowboys with their better corp of WRs 92yds against the Steelers D in Pittsburgh with 2:30 1TO left? Think we all know that answer.
    :word
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

12. Re: joe flacco #74 on nfl network top 100

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I didn't think he's make it either...

He regressed in every statistical category, but progressed 16 spots?? Just doesn't add up. But what Joe lost in stats this season he won in clutch performances. He did his thing this year in the clutch, they emphasized on that on his clip. That must have been it i guess.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb