Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New hopeful season in jeopardy ... again.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Matsusz has been terrible this year. I think they should send him down and elevate Britton.

As far as trade possibilities, Zack Greinke is someone I'd be interested in. He's in the last year of his deal in Milwaukee and they're looking to move him. He's 28 and would easily be the 2nd or 3rd starter for the O's. He's 8-2 in 15 starts this season with a 2.81 ERA.
    Agreed about Matusz. Thought he had it turned around but its clear he hasn't .

Greinke would be a great addition to our club. Yes, he'd be the just the guy O's need to have a good 1-2-3 punch. I'd be afraid of what the Brewers would want in return.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Agreed about Matusz. Thought he had it turned around but its clear he hasn't .

Greinke would be a great addition to our club. Yes, he'd be the just the guy O's need to have a good 1-2-3 punch. I'd be afraid of what the Brewers would want in return.
    Well, they aren't interested in coughing up money for him...not that the O's would either...but something is better than nothing.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Well, I was hoping Chen could right the ship last night but looks like he had his worst outing of the year. Still in second place though, and the Yankees latest bit of bad luck may help. I read somewhere that Texas had scouts at Greinke's last start and now the Yanks are looking at maybe getting him. I sure hope not.

4. Re: New hopeful season in jeopardy ... again.

This is about the time of the season where O's pitching disappears. Its been a good thing though that so far they have rebounded from short losing streaks.

It was tough to watch Chen lose the perfect game on a long ball Wednesday night, and even tougher to watch Strop let the Mariners back into it. Glad Andino homered to get out with a win. And Tillman looked very good yesterday, I understand. Good enough that they sent him down to Bowie so he could continue to work on regular rest and they will call him back up after the break.