Football Gameplan's 2012 Draft Grades Video - Ravens

Good evening Ravens fans! Here's my Draft Grades video for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em

Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Draft Grades Video - Ravens

I heard Gradkowski could be Birk's understudy. Even if he is not, I do not see draftig a developmental C as neccecary. Maybe they draft oe early next year or get another vet like Birk to replace him.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I heard Gradkowski could be Birk's understudy. Even if he is not, I do not see draftig a developmental C as neccecary. Maybe they draft oe early next year or get another vet like Birk to replace him.
    Its always good to draft a developmental C... otherwise, you run the risk of having a rookie in that position (if they don't sign a Vet) once Birk leaves

Quote Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
    Its always good to draft a developmental C... otherwise, you run the risk of having a rookie in that position (if they don't sign a Vet) once Birk leaves
    You can not take all the ifs out of football, and like I said, Gradkowski is supposed to be a potential future starting C. There does seem to be a starting C or 3 on the open market every year though. I do not think it is a position with a lot more demand than supply.

:T2:

EmDiggy, I'm normally a big fan of what you put together, but you didn't mention a couple of key things:

1. The Ravens *did* draft a center, Gradkowski. You may not like him, but my sense is you overlooked the selection.

2. Upshaw was drafted in the second round, after the Ravens traded back from the first.

I normally love your stuff, but it looks like your attention to detail may have flagged a little on this one.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Good stuff as usual, but Gino Gradkowski was drafted in the fourth round, a center/guard from Delaware who is widely considered as Birks eventual replacement. Because of the school he plays for, not many guys know who he is, but supposedly a lot of coaches around the league where really high on him.

He's listed as the Guard on the 2-Deep.. but we shall see. I guess his versatility is the attraction.