How did offense and defense really do?

Well, with all the usual caveats (many starters on both sides not playing, vanilla play calling, no QB hits, etc.), I find myself wondering how did the offense and defense really do if their stats were projected to a full game. I know we all judge on the quality of what we see, but just as another tidbit of information:

From what I could gather in the stats, Ravens ran 27 offensive plays, gained 164 yards. Redskins ran 36 for 144.

If you project both numbers to 65 plays, a typical average game, then the Ravens would have gained 395 yards, and the Skins 260. Also, that 10-7 score would have been 24-13.

Don't read a lot into this. It's what we do before games begin :D

Re: How did offense and defense really do?

uhhh.....all played with mostly third stringers....which means absolutely nothing
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    uhhh.....all played with mostly third stringers....which means absolutely nothing
    Which could also be said about your reply mate.

Did you watch any of it? The first stringers mostly didn't play, the rest all played unless they were injured.

And if you feel that way, why do you post about anything before game 1 in September?

Take your chill pill...
    Last edited by awalt; 08-06-2007 at 07:29 AM.

thanks for the numbers, Awalt. I suspect Gibbs pulled his O starters cuz he didn't want them embarassed. as I understand it, the Ravens 2nd and 3rd team D stuffed them pretty good.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Projecting numbers for players who are trying to make the team is fun but I wouldn't put much weight into it (definitely a pre-season activity). Those third stringers are playing for a spot on the team and if your into tracking that type of moment...god bless. To me the biggest news out of that scrimmage is that nobody relevant was hurt.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--