Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ravens supposedly have little to no cap space...

I dont see any more restructures unless the Ravens want to sign more players which I dont see happening as they added depth at all positions with the signing. I think Makke does not make the 53 whereas McBean does and could be the backup to Cody on passing downs or if he shows enough be a 3-4 DE. I would ecpect RR or Flacco to Sign soon. I am betting on Rice in early July and Flacco possibly in camp or mid season. As for Ed Reed who knows? he could get tagged but I can see us taking care of him if he has a good year and him staying on a deal like Ray Lewis got.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Ed Reed doesn't have a contract for next year. If he does come back it won't be for anything close to the number that it is this year.
    GOTA, I believe this is Reed's 'last hurrah'. That may apply to Ray Lewis too. Anyway, I don't see Reed coming back for (a bit more than) the vet minimum in 2013. Personally, I hope we win the Super Bowl for several reasons. 1st of course I am a die-hard Ravens fan, but also to let some veterans go into the sunset with a well deserved ring, 3rd it will allow the Ravens cap space to sign Flacco and Rice. Nobody escapes the hand of Father Time... Bc

what i meant was he may not be back..
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Ed Reed doesn't have a contract for next year. If he does come back it won't be for anything close to the number that it is this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    I think Makke does not make the 53 whereas McBean does and could be the backup to Cody on passing downs or if he shows enough be a 3-4 DE.
    If the salary didn't/doesn't vest on the opening day roster, I'd say Ma'ake would make the roster for the first 3 games until the suspension lifts.
    But IIRC Ma'ake has enough seasons (4+) that if he is on the opening day roster then his entire base salary has to be paid - called "Termination Pay" ... if he would be added later, then funky percentages come into play (25% I think).
    If I'm correct in this, then he has to beat McBean out outright otherwise I don't see him sticking unless none of the rookies show up in shape (like our old friend Davon Drew did).
    I agree he is gone but we'll watch the preseason with injury insurance depth.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old