Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ravens supposedly have little to no cap space...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    That is what I was thinking. I think the Ravens don't have to be under the cap until the the start of the season, so they have time for some things to work out. Maybe they are getting good signs about getting Rice and/or Flacco signed soon.
    That would be nice, but they do have to be under the Cap now. From the 1st day of the league year until the first game of the season, they have to be under the Cap under the Rule of 51.

Once the season starts they have to be under the Cap with all players - 53, IR, PUP, PS - expect suspended or NFI players.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    That would be nice, but they do have to be under the Cap now. From the 1st day of the league year until the first game of the season, they have to be under the Cap under the Rule of 51.

Once the season starts they have to be under the Cap with all players - 53, IR, PUP, PS - expect suspended or NFI players.
    Is it possible we could hear in the next week or so about someone having agreed to restructure their deal? Maybe Suggs?
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Is it possible we could hear in the next week or so about someone having agreed to restructure their deal? Maybe Suggs?
    Good call. Aaron Wilson just tweeted that Marshall Yanda restructured which is where this space is coming from

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Good call. Aaron Wilson just tweeted that Marshall Yanda restructured which is where this space is coming from
    Did he say the terms of the restructure? curious if they only did a partial enough to clear cap or just went ahead and gave him the vet min and moved all of it like most do. Seems the team didnt really want to do that, so id bet it was only partial.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Did he say the terms of the restructure? curious if they only did a partial enough to clear cap or just went ahead and gave him the vet min and moved all of it like most do. Seems the team didnt really want to do that, so id bet it was only partial.
    I know they said it was a 3.8 million dollar bonus

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Looks like a simple restructure for this year. They took his base salary of $4.5M and reduced it down to the league minimum of $700K and have hin the balance of this former base salary as a $3.8M bonus.

That creates $2.85M in new Cap space for this year.

“@RavensInsider: Marshal Yanda's base salaries: 2012 ($700,000), 2013 ($4.5 million), 2014 ($5.5 million) and 2015 ($5.5 million).”

“@RavensInsider: Marshal Yanda's salary cap figures: 2012 ($3.65 million), 2013 ($7.45 million), 2014 ($8.45 million) and 2015 ($8.45 million).”

Looks like they are banking on Ray Retiring this year, or Ed going, or RR, or 2 of three, or all three haha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Looks like a simple restructure for this year. They took his base salary of $4.5M and reduced it down to the league minimum of $700K and have hin the balance of this former base salary as a $3.8M bonus.

That creates $2.85M in new Cap space for this year.
    Is there any future impact of this move? I am guessing there is not so it seems they may want to look at other players for simlar restructure

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Is there any future impact of this move? I am guessing there is not so it seems they may want to look at other players for simlar restructure
    Yes, it adds $950K unto his cap number for each of the last 3 years of his deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    “@RavensInsider: Marshal Yanda's base salaries: 2012 ($700,000), 2013 ($4.5 million), 2014 ($5.5 million) and 2015 ($5.5 million).”

“@RavensInsider: Marshal Yanda's salary cap figures: 2012 ($3.65 million), 2013 ($7.45 million), 2014 ($8.45 million) and 2015 ($8.45 million).”

Looks like they are banking on Ray Retiring this year, or Ed going, or RR, or 2 of three, or all three haha
    Ed Reed doesn't have a contract for next year. If he does come back it won't be for anything close to the number that it is this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Ed Reed doesn't have a contract for next year. If he does come back it won't be for anything close to the number that it is this year.
    Truth........unless.......... he throws in 5 TDs and 16 interceptions........... hey we can always hope can't we? We are fans :)
    But I expect you are right

Ravens still have FO people who lived through the team salary cap purge (Jermaine Lewis et.al. on the expansion list, hoping he gets taken)
    they do not restructure lightly. Arnie has hit the reasons for their comfort zone, and you have reminded us of another big contract ending. Yanda was the perfect position, OL tend to have longer careers than DL.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Guys my head is filled with number$. Let's leave it to the CPAs (Cap Professional Analysts) to figure out. Still, glad to see J. Jones join us... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 05-10-2012 at 10:56 AM.