View Poll Results: Who will be the #3 receiver come week 1?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • L.Williams

3 6.82%
  • Tandon Doss

15 34.09%
  • Tommy Streeter

1 2.27%
  • Jacoby Jones

24 54.55%
  • Other.

1 2.27%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The reality is that the competition will be between Jacoby and Doss.

Streeter will likely not see the field much this year at all. You know how the Ravens hate playing rookies unless they're forced to.
    I think you're selling LaQuan Williams short. The staff trusted him enough to have him on the field for that final drive at Pitt, and Flacco trusted him enough to throw balls his way on that drive. I think there'll be a 3 player battle for the 3rd spot, and I'd like Doss or Jones to come out on top because I think that they have higher upside than Williams. That being said, I expect Jones and Williams to get the bulk of the reps in the preseason. Doss, IMO has to show marked improvement to be in the conversation.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1jfkuh

Blog Entries

Re: Who will be the #3 receiver come week 1?

I just don't get the love affection for LaQuan Williams, I like him and everything, and yeah it is a good story. But comon, he isn't a #3 receiver in this league, a solid ST teams player yes, but there was a reason he went undrafted.

3. Re: Who will be the #3 receiver come week 1?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Uhm, so for a player to play surprisingly well if signed, he has to be the same exact position as him to compare them? What I'm saying is, a lot of people thought Pollard was just a depth signing to back Zibby up. I'm in no way predicting that Jacoby is going to be as effective as what Pollard was for our team, infact I really don't expect much from him, but it also wouldn't totally surprise me if he came in and became a very effective #3 receiver for us. And yes, all teams make signings that don't work out, but there is always the chance of a guy playing better in a different scenery, in a system better suited for him.
    It still doesn't' correlate. Just becuase Pollard works out doesn't mean Jones will work out. Just cross your fingers, and hope he can help out on special teams or something.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Re: Who will be the #3 receiver come week 1?

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    It still doesn't' correlate. Just becuase Pollard works out doesn't mean Jones will work out. Just cross your fingers, and hope he can help out on special teams or something.
    Trust me, I'm crossing my fingers tight, very tight.