Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 211
  1. #31

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones



    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-million-deal/

    5 years in Texas (75 games) = 127 receptions, 1,741 yards (13.7 avg) 11 TDs.

    With extensive return experience, he looks like a good #3 WR to me.

    It will allow Doss, LQ Wms, and Streeter to develop... Bc
    How will this allow any of our receivers to develop?

    The 3rd receiver gets basically zero playing time as it is, with this crapshoot of an offense. Theyll never see the field unless someone gets hurt




  2. #32

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    How will this allow any of our receivers to develop?

    The 3rd receiver gets basically zero playing time as it is, with this crapshoot of an offense. Theyll never see the field unless someone gets hurt
    It was a 2 year deal.... Odds are he wont be handed the 3rd Wide reciever role. This move is more for insurance, just in-case no one steps up and snags that 3rd WR role.

    Trust me, our young guys are still the front runners for that 3rd WR spot. Plus he brings instant credibility to our return game.

    This was a really good move IMO.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,717
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    I would've rather seen what our younger guys, esp ones we just picked up, could've done at return duties than spend that kind of money on a subpar receiver who is "decent" at returning kicks. just seems like alot of money for a one trick pony.




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    jacoby jones??? 7mil to return???




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,180
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    How will this allow any of our receivers to develop?

    The 3rd receiver gets basically zero playing time as it is, with this crapshoot of an offense. Theyll never see the field unless someone gets hurt
    Same way Dickson / Pitta developed under Heap in 2010. If the coaching staff was confident in Doss / LQ Wms, then J. Jones wouldn't have been signed. With Evans hurt most of 2011, how many snaps did Doss / LQ Wms get? Think about it... Bc




  6. #36

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Don't understand the meh on this. He wasn't a bad receiver and surrounded by Torrey and Anquan, he can thrive here.

    I like this move.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    With all due respect the guy couldn't do dick with Andre Johnson on the other side of the field.




  7. #37

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Wow, what a waste of money. Complete waste of money.

    How about we develop our own receivers for once? Fucking incompetent offensive staff, I swear.

    Why not spend this money on ray rice? Stupid. I cant put into words how stupid this is. Are we trying to make Ray Rice hold out?

    Ray Rice has to be pissed. Drafting an un-needed RB in the 3rd round(with starting talent/potential), when we already have a "pound-the-rock" HB in Anthony Allen.

    And 3.5 million for a return man/receiver who sucks at receiving?
    You may be right in everything you say but that's why Ozzie and company get paid the big bucks to make these types of decisions.

    The team needed a returner and insurance of at least having a backup deep threat if something happened to Torrey Smith. In this stage of FA they found a guy who gives them both and is better (at least for this year) than anyone they would've drafted this year and better than anyone wr on their roster not named Boldin or T. Smith. The money they are spending on him is probably for the vet minimum this year with a balloon payment next year meaning he will be cut. I highly doubt he got any bonus money so there is no pro-ration involved. BTW David Reed is recovering from an ACL injury and will probably be PUP'd or even IR'd.

    When Ray Rice is signed it will only lower his cap number which will help the cap. As for the drafting of Pierce he may very well be the back up because he's proven as much as Anthony Allen has which is nothing. As for Ray Rice he may be pissed but he understands that this is the way the NFL handles the RB position. At least he's not in Chicago where they paid big money to a FA RB and drafted one. Matt Forte will be in a different uni next year.




  8. #38

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    jacoby jones??? 7mil to return???
    You've hit the nail on the head in less than 10 words. It's just a very rich deal for a guy who's going to return punts. He's not even much of a kick returner.

    You can't pay your #3 WR/PR 7 million dollars. It's even worse if, as some here are saying, he won't even be the #3 WR. You might as well flush a few million down the toilet.




  9. #39

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Same way Dickson / Pitta developed under Heap in 2010. If the coaching staff was confident in Doss / LQ Wms, then J. Jones wouldn't have been signed. With Evans hurt most of 2011, how many snaps did Doss / LQ Wms get? Think about it... Bc
    They didnt get any snaps because there are none to be had. Cam Camerons pathetic excuse of an offense has next to zero 3 WR sets.

    Dickson didnt develop, because he showed no signs of improvement.

    Pitta didnt develop, because he never showed signs of being a bad receiving TE. Hes always been good since he entered the league.

    The only way a receiver can develop is by getting on the field. There are zero opportunities for LQuan(who, by the way, showed great signs of being a good receiver this year when he got on the field)or TDoss to develop.

    Doss looked awesome in the pre-season and then he got what, 5 snaps all year long?

    Eric DeCosta stated in an interview last week that we would not pursue anymore WR's because they are confident in our young WR's.... right. Thats what we should have done.




  10. #40

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    You may be right in everything you say but that's why Ozzie and company get paid the big bucks to make these types of decisions.

    The team needed a returner and insurance of at least having a backup deep threat if something happened to Torrey Smith. In this stage of FA they found a guy who gives them both and is better (at least for this year) than anyone they would've drafted this year and better than anyone wr on their roster not named Boldin or T. Smith. The money they are spending on him is probably for the vet minimum this year with a balloon payment next year meaning he will be cut. I highly doubt he got any bonus money so there is no pro-ration involved. BTW David Reed is recovering from an ACL injury and will probably be PUP'd or even IR'd.

    When Ray Rice is signed it will only lower his cap number which will help the cap. As for the drafting of Pierce he may very well be the back up because he's proven as much as Anthony Allen has which is nothing. As for Ray Rice he may be pissed but he understands that this is the way the NFL handles the RB position. At least he's not in Chicago where they paid big money to a FA RB and drafted one. Matt Forte will be in a different uni next year.
    I highly doubt it. Laquan Williams showed last year that he can be a #3 Receiver. Tandon Doss showed in the pre-season that he can take hits over the middle, he can grab jump balls. Jacoby jones has been in the league for 5 years and has under 1800 receiving yards. Hes not a good receiver and is not a better option.

    This was such a waste of money. I know Ozzie is a great GM, but this has to be one of the stupidest moves we have ever made as a franchise when we have cap issues and most importantly have to pay our 2 best players on offense ASAP.

    I cant even put into words how pissed I am about this. 3.5 million/year for a PR who isnt even a good receiver.




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,180
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    They didnt get any snaps because there are none to be had. Cam Camerons pathetic excuse of an offense has next to zero 3 WR sets.

    Dickson didnt develop, because he showed no signs of improvement.

    Pitta didnt develop, because he never showed signs of being a bad receiving TE. Hes always been good since he entered the league.

    The only way a receiver can develop is by getting on the field. There are zero opportunities for LQuan(who, by the way, showed great signs of being a good receiver this year when he got on the field)or TDoss to develop.

    Doss looked awesome in the pre-season and then he got what, 5 snaps all year long?

    Eric DeCosta stated in an interview last week that we would not pursue anymore WR's because they are confident in our young WR's.... right. Thats what we should have done.
    You can complain all you want, but the Ravens were just a catch away from the Super Bowl. If we went 4 - 12, then I could see sending our youngsters onto the field. When a team goes 12 - 4, then management (rightfully) sees a veteran presence is needed to achieve the ultimate goal. If we trust Ozzie and Co. to draft guys like Osemele (Oline in 2nd), Pierce (RB in 3rd), Gradowski (OG/C in 4th), etc. then how can we not have faith in his signing Jones? ... Bc




  12. #42
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    fucKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. WHY do we sign a guy that was average with Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, and Owen Daniels around him. ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

    7 mil end around WR




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    This has to be one of the worst moves from a money standpoint and production standpoint, a receiver who played on the same team as andre johnson and couldn't even beat out kevin walter?? 5yrs in league with only 1800yrds and 11tds??? where is the logic in this move?




  14. #44

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    People are getting WAY too caught up in the WR aspect of Jones.

    He has been brought in primarily as a return man.

    Don't get so worked up about this 3rd WR stuff...he is not being automatically penciled in as the man there.
    Someone gets it!

    This is a special teams move because they SUCKED last year and we damn sure aren't putting Webb back there anymore.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,366
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

    Anyone know how the contract is set up? Seems a lot of people are complaining about that and we don't know. Could be set up where he makes a mil or so this year and the rest next, which gives the opportunity to release or extend him?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland