Blog Entries

Tommie Harris is an Inspiration

Earlier this year I posted a story that was very difficult to read. Ashley Harris the wife of Tommie Harris died just 4 months after giving birth to their second child. She was just 29. I can't even imagine being in that situation and honestly don't know what I'd do.

Tommie Harris is a much stronger man than I am and he is putting his efforts into a great charity that will make a difference in the lives of many unfortunate children who have the misfortune to be citizens of the horrible country known as the Sudan. Way to go Tommie! You are truly making a difference in this world.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...wPcnyK2XhDubYF

Three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Tommie Harris lost his wife Ashley unexpectedly in February. Instead of dwelling on what is gone from his life, Harris told the Chicago Sun-Times that he is working to honor her memory by building a school in the Sudan.

Harris wants the school to serve girls who have been abused or enslaved by Joseph Kony and the Lord's Resistance Army. He will name it the Ashley Harris Sunshine School, and he hopes to build many more across the continent.

He and Ashley took two trips to Africa through Pros for Africa, a not for profit that describes its mission, "connecting professionals of all fields with the children of Africa." She was affected by the people she met in Tanzania and Uganda, and PFA appreciated her work so much that they dedicated this year's medical expedition through northern Uganda and South Sudan to her.
    Last edited by GOTA; 05-16-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Re: Tommie Harris is an Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Earlier this year I posted a story that was very difficult to read. Ashley Harris the wife of Tommie Harris died just 4 months after giving birth to their second child. She was just 29. I can't even imagine being in that situation and honestly don't know what I'd do.

Tommie Harris is a much stronger man than I am and he is putting his efforts into a great charity that will make a difference in the lives of many unfortunate children who have the misfortune to be citizens of the horrible country known as the Sudan. Way to go Tommie! You are truly making a difference in this world.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...wPcnyK2XhDubYF

Three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Tommie Harris lost his wife Ashley unexpectedly in February. Instead of dwelling on what is gone from his life, Harris told the Chicago Sun-Times that he is working to honor her memory by building a school in the Sudan.

Harris wants the school to serve girls who have been abused or enslaved by Joseph Kony and the Lord's Resistance Army. He will name it the Ashley Harris Sunshine School, and he hopes to build many more across the continent.

He and Ashley took two trips to Africa through Pros for Africa, a not for profit that describes its mission, "connecting professionals of all fields with the children of Africa." She was affected by the people she met in Tanzania and Uganda, and PFA appreciated her work so much that they dedicated this year's medical expedition through northern Uganda and South Sudan to her.
    I wonder why the ravens havent given him a look. Hes only 29 and averages 4-5 sacks/season.

And a man of this character with solid skills shouldnt be an unsigned free-agent at 29.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    I wonder why the ravens havent given him a look. Hes only 29 and averages 4-5 sacks/season.

And a man of this character with solid skills shouldnt be an unsigned free-agent at 29.
    I agree. Throw him in at DE in nickel and dime. Harris knows how to get pressure from that spot which is something the Ravens need.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I agree. Throw him in at DE in nickel and dime. Harris knows how to get pressure from that spot which is something the Ravens need.
    Agreed. If anything he could help replace Corry Redding's spot.