Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

We're basically Houston east now...

All these former Texans players, i will say this though if he pans out like Pollard, and Leach did, i will applaud this move, until then its just a cheap depth move IMO
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    To be fair, he was without Johnson and had TJ Yates throwing him the ball for much of last year (I still don't think he'll be much of a factor on offense)
    What about the 4 years before that? Jones wasn't ever able to beat out Kevin Walter. A dynamic receiver would never have been held back by Walter

People are getting WAY too caught up in the WR aspect of Jones.

He has been brought in primarily as a return man.

Don't get so worked up about this 3rd WR stuff...he is not being automatically penciled in as the man there.

Expensive return man, though.

Wow, what a waste of money. Complete waste of money.

How about we develop our own receivers for once? Fucking incompetent offensive staff, I swear.

Why not spend this money on ray rice? Stupid. I cant put into words how stupid this is. Are we trying to make Ray Rice hold out?

Ray Rice has to be pissed. Drafting an un-needed RB in the 3rd round(with starting talent/potential), when we already have a "pound-the-rock" HB in Anthony Allen.

And 3.5 million for a return man/receiver who sucks at receiving?

Blog Entries

I like the move from a ST's standpoint. We need a returner, now we have one. Not expecting him to make too much noise as #3 WR. this likely seals david reeds fate. Im glad that they have committed to improving ST's this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-million-deal/

5 years in Texas (75 games) = 127 receptions, 1,741 yards (13.7 avg) 11 TDs.

With extensive return experience, he looks like a good #3 WR to me.

It will allow Doss, LQ Wms, and Streeter to develop... Bc
    How will this allow any of our receivers to develop?

The 3rd receiver gets basically zero playing time as it is, with this crapshoot of an offense. Theyll never see the field unless someone gets hurt

8. Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post

The 3rd receiver gets basically zero playing time as it is, with this crapshoot of an offense. Theyll never see the field unless someone gets hurt
    It was a 2 year deal.... Odds are he wont be handed the 3rd Wide reciever role. This move is more for insurance, just in-case no one steps up and snags that 3rd WR role.

Trust me, our young guys are still the front runners for that 3rd WR spot. Plus he brings instant credibility to our return game.

This was a really good move IMO.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

I would've rather seen what our younger guys, esp ones we just picked up, could've done at return duties than spend that kind of money on a subpar receiver who is "decent" at returning kicks. just seems like alot of money for a one trick pony.

Blog Entries

jacoby jones??? 7mil to return???
    :grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post

Same way Dickson / Pitta developed under Heap in 2010. If the coaching staff was confident in Doss / LQ Wms, then J. Jones wouldn't have been signed. With Evans hurt most of 2011, how many snaps did Doss / LQ Wms get? Think about it... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Don't understand the meh on this. He wasn't a bad receiver and surrounded by Torrey and Anquan, he can thrive here.

I like this move.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    With all due respect the guy couldn't do dick with Andre Johnson on the other side of the field.