Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Logic and Suggs Injury

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I may be a little too optimistic, but I expect Suggs to be back no later than week 8 (I hope!).
    I would agree with you on this, It would have came out by now if it were super serious and confirmed. The Ravens have a reputation for making things seem worse then they are. Look its 5 PM and we have not heard anything... back to logic, this tells me things may be good or better then we think.

Does anyone have an update on this? I have not heard anything and its 6:30 PM. I am hoping that means good news...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    Does anyone have an update on this? I have not heard anything and its 6:30 PM. I am hoping that means good news...
    According to the Sun website, small partial tear, surgery only took 30 minutes. Begin rehab in only 2 weeks. No way was it a complete rupture, you don't need MRI for that. Just squeeze the calf in the Thompson test if foot flexes it's still attached. MRI was probably to see how long the tear was and if he tore some of his calf muscle also.

2 weeks to begin rehab? I like that time table a lot.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bm404m

me too, If he starts Rehab at late may, he could easily come back early after 6 weeks if the Ravens want to get him back. Injury did not seem as serious and I would guess a 30 min process is not that major which is good and Suggs has shown to heal quickly. My gut now says he comes back after 6-8 weeks closer to 8 so he gets 2 weeks of practice in before he plays unless the Ravens think he can come back sooner and do not leave him on PUP to start the season. This way he can practice as soon as he is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    me too, If he starts Rehab at late may, he could easily come back early after 6 weeks if the Ravens want to get him back. Injury did not seem as serious and I would guess a 30 min process is not that major which is good and Suggs has shown to heal quickly. My gut now says he comes back after 6-8 weeks closer to 8 so he gets 2 weeks of practice in before he plays unless the Ravens think he can come back sooner and do not leave him on PUP to start the season. This way he can practice as soon as he is ready.
    Everything points to a speedy recovery, but to say exactly when he returns and is 100% is dicey. He almost assuredly
    will be back in November worst case. But if I had to wager I'd say he plays in early October, just an educated guess going through the same thing, but mine was much more severe. It's possible he plays September of course. The tear may have only been a few mm's or a centimeter or so at the thickest point of the Achilles which is located near the calf. 30 minutes for that kind of surgery with alot riding on a high profile expensive athlete makes me believe it was pretty minor. It takes the dentist longer to clean my teeth.

I'm hoping for the best, but not getting too excited.
    A partial tear of anything is tough as heck to recover from, yet alone the achilles.

How long was Ray out with his torn hammy?

I believe his was a partial tear as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    How long was Ray out with his torn hammy?

I believe his was a partial tear as well.
    I thought he missed the rest of the year, like 6-8 games and the Legend of Hartwell was born.

Anyway, hammy's are HUGE muscles, not taking anything away from Suggs injury, but a torn hamstring HAS to be a long ass recovery.