View Poll Results: Kevin Zeitler or David Decastro?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevin Zeitler

3 37.50%
  • David Decastro

5 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

Both our AFC North rivals took guards that a lot of people here wanted Baltimore to take, both had impressive college careers.

However who do you guys think is really a better guard, and who will do better job of blocking our massive Dline? To me DeCastro looked great on film, but was overrated because he was protecting Andrew luck. Kevin Zeitler had the most knockdowns out of any lineman in the draft, and I agree with Cossell that Zeitler is better prospect than DeCastro. Zeitler is a bigger and more physical run grader, and along with his buddy Konz, was the best player on that elite Wisconsin offensive line.

Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Both our AFC North rivals took guards that a lot of people here wanted Baltimore to take, both had impressive college careers.

However who do you guys think is really a better guard, and who will do better job of blocking our massive Dline? To me DeCastro looked great on film, but was overrated because he was protecting Andrew luck. Kevin Zeitler had the most knockdowns out of any lineman in the draft, and I agree with Cossell that Zeitler is better prospect than DeCastro. Zeitler is a bigger and more physical run grader, and along with his buddy Konz, was the best player on that elite Wisconsin offensive line.
    According to Tony Lombardi the Ravens liked Zeitler more than DeCastro, they thought DeCastro was a little overrated.

I think Zeitler may end up being better, but I am hoping Osemele is better than either one of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think Zeitler may end up being better, but I am hoping Osemele is better than either one of them.
    I hope so too, he certainly has the size and physicality to excel as a great interior lineman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    According to Tony Lombardi the Ravens liked Zeitler more than DeCastro, they thought DeCastro was a little overrated.
    Doesn't surprise me, I listen to Greg Cossell a lot, and he thinks Zeitler is the better player. I watch Wisconsin a lot, and Zeitler is a beast of a guard, some people might have thought he was a reach in the first round, but I think he is going to a player to look out for whenever we play them. I guess the good thing is, they don't exactly have the most explosive of running backs.

Doesn't surprise me, I listen to Greg Cossell a lot, and he thinks Zeitler is the better player. I watch Wisconsin a lot, and Zeitler is a beast of a guard, some people might have thought he was a reach in the first round, but I think he is going to a player to look out for whenever we play them. I guess the good thing is, they don't exactly have the most explosive of running backs.
    If Zeitler does his part he'll be playing week one against us, great first test for him against Ngata and the Ravens Dline.

Blog Entries

Just sparking debate here:

So, Kevin Zeitler is not overrated for playing on that Wisconsin offensive line, next to Peter Konz and co.?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

So, Kevin Zeitler is not overrated for playing on that Wisconsin offensive line, next to Peter Konz and co.?
    I think he may be even better because of it. He had to pick up the slack for a good player that didnt show up 30% of the time due to injuries.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Good point, but I think it's fair to say that Zeitler is probably underrated if anything, most people had him down as a second rounder.

I guess the good thing is, they don't exactly have the most explosive of running backs.
    Green-Ellis? He did a fine job running all over us in the AFCCG.

I picked Zeitler, but I think they are both gonna be formidable opponents.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Green-Ellis? He did a fine job running all over us in the AFCCG.
    New England was able to use their TEs out wide to spread the Ravens out into lighter formations, before turning to the run. Cincinnati might not be able to do that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I think Zeitler will end up being one of the better draft picks in this class.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.