Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Cary Signed tender

AP in Washington Post saying Cary Williams signed tender

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...M8T_story.html
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Re: Cary Signed tender

I will give Ozzie credit for trying to work out a long term deal with Williams, but I had a feeling that it just would not work. If Cary has another season like he had last year, he would certainly get more on the open market than what the Ravens would offer him.

When I hear people discuss Cary Williams, I get the sense that they forget, that last year was Williams' first season as a full-time starter. He still has significant room for growth. He hasn't plateaued. I would think that he and his agent both understand that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I will give Ozzie credit for trying to work out a long term deal with Williams, but I had a feeling that it just would not work. If Cary has another season like he had last year, he would certainly get more on the open market than what the Ravens would offer him.

When I hear people discuss Cary Williams, I get the sense that they forget, that last year was Williams' first season as a full-time starter. He still has significant room for growth. He hasn't plateaued. I would think that he and his agent both understand that.
    I agree. Cary did a great job last year. He had to cover some of the best receivers in the league last year and held his own admirably. I see a budding star in that kid. I wish a long term deal could have been made. I definately think he will be gone next year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

6'1 190(with room to grow). Physical, runs a sub 4.45.

Physically alone this guy has the potential to be special. I had my concerns with him last season, my biggest problem with him is ballskills.. If he doesn't fix that, he will never reach his full potential, but it seems that it is something you either have or you dont. He needs to sleep with the Jug machine this off-season.

That said, at the end of the day he will most likely never get that big NFL contract playing for the ravens. If Jimmy Smith turns out like we all hope and expect, when his contract time comes up, having 3 top earning corners in the league just isn't good for your team. I almost feel his faith is inevitable. We shall see.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Probably occurred to Cary to sign his tender in case he got hurt....

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    6'1 190(with room to grow). Physical, runs a sub 4.45.
    Physically alone this guy has the potential to be special. I had my concerns with him last season, my biggest problem with him is ballskills.. If he doesn't fix that, he will never reach his full potential, but it seems that it is something you either have or you dont.... If Jimmy Smith turns out like we all hope and expect, when his contract time comes up, having 3 top earning corners in the league just isn't good for your team. I almost feel his fate is inevitable. We shall see.
    True dat Hands of stone. But otherwise, he exceeded my expectations last season. I also love his back story of overcoming a rough childhood and surviving a [downward] transfer from Fordham to Washburn. But the money is already on Webb. And if Smith has a strong 2012 (not missing the first half of the season will almost assure he will outperform his rookie year), then he'll get paid over Cary. I think drafting Jackson and keeping Gorrer & Brown around are parts of that plan.

All told. a re-signed Williams and extended Webb and Pollard, a presumably healthy Smith, and a quiet (for now at least) Ed Reed has me feeling pretty dang good about the secondary

Blog Entries

He just signed up for Twitter too. @CaryWilliams29
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Cary Williams is a great sign. Ozzie did a great job with this. 2yrs ago are secondary was depleted and the weakest unit on the team. He turned it around fast. I say we have one of the youngest talented trio of CB's in the NFL. (Webb, Smith, Williams) With many more years to come. Dont expect them to bring in another star FS(well maybe thru the draft the next few yrs) since we have good CB's that can cover.

Blog Entries
    He's been solid I just don't know if they can keep him. Some team might overpay him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    He's been solid I just don't know if they can keep him. Some team might overpay him.

There is no way we will keep him. Frankly there is no point either if Webb comes back healthy. He is good but we must use the cap wisely from here on, and he isn't an impact player like a Ngata or a Suggs is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    There is no way we will keep him. Frankly there is no point either if Webb comes back healthy. He is good but we must use the cap wisely from here on, and he isn't an impact player like a Ngata or a Suggs is.
    I agree with this. We need to spend money on the lines. I think we'll be fine with Webb and jimmy smith and Corey Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I agree with this. We need to spend money on the lines. I think we'll be fine with Webb and jimmy smith and Corey Graham.

I liek Cary, but you guys are right. Cary will command $7ish million per year, and that is more then we can afford at a position of "relative" depth on thi team. Our OL is in shambles, our LB corps is in shambles and we need to handle our QB position. I thik he will be one of few Ravens to leave and move on to bigger things elsewhere. I don't think it will be an issue of want, simply an issue of need.