Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Cary Signed tender

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Right now he's one of our best defensive players.
    Since he's:
    a) a starter
    b) a veteran
    c) healthy

Cary wouldn't look half as bad as he does if Reed would stop guessing and gambling so much.
    I seem to remember Samari Rolle becoming victim to Reeds gambling on more then a couple plays from time to time as well.

Sometimes it looks like the corner got schooled when in reality it was someone else not doing their job.

Lot to be said for being able to stay on the field and at least turn in a respectable game with the occasional clunker or big play.

As someone else stated, if he wasn't here we'd really be screwed.

If Webb hadn't have gotten hurt Williams probably would look even better.

Certainly had a slow start to the season but has seemed to tighten up his game some as the season went on even though he's playing behind a far worse defensive front and linebacker crew then last year.

No way in hell you can count on Jimmy Smith right now and certainly can't put your chips in his basket for the future with what we've seen (and haven't seen) from him so far.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

People will scream and shout at Cary when he gives up a play without looking at the details, nothing new here. He's actually been a solid corner for us this year, and would look like a very good player (as he was last year) if we had any presence in the front 7.

Dean Pees hasn't really helped him at all either.

Blog Entries

At the beginning of the season, it seemed that Cary Williams did not have full confidence in himself, recovering from the surgery. After a while, he began to settle in. He has not been spectacular. However, much like the other talent on this team, coaching has not helped him out.

He, like Jimmy Smith, is not a CB you need to have ten yards off of the ball on a consistent basis. At times, the pass rush has been non-existent. That has partly been on the players and partly on the coaches. Then, he has Ed Reed still thinking that this is 2006, coincidentally, the year that Samari Rolle went through some of these same issues getting beat deep, as another poster mentioned.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    He's been solid I just don't know if they can keep him. Some team might overpay him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    He's been solid I just don't know if they can keep him. Some team might overpay him.

There is no way we will keep him. Frankly there is no point either if Webb comes back healthy. He is good but we must use the cap wisely from here on, and he isn't an impact player like a Ngata or a Suggs is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    There is no way we will keep him. Frankly there is no point either if Webb comes back healthy. He is good but we must use the cap wisely from here on, and he isn't an impact player like a Ngata or a Suggs is.
    I agree with this. We need to spend money on the lines. I think we'll be fine with Webb and jimmy smith and Corey Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I agree with this. We need to spend money on the lines. I think we'll be fine with Webb and jimmy smith and Corey Graham.

I liek Cary, but you guys are right. Cary will command $7ish million per year, and that is more then we can afford at a position of "relative" depth on thi team. Our OL is in shambles, our LB corps is in shambles and we need to handle our QB position. I thik he will be one of few Ravens to leave and move on to bigger things elsewhere. I don't think it will be an issue of want, simply an issue of need.

8. Re: Cary Signed tender

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Our OL is in shambles, our LB corps is in shambles and we need to handle our QB position.
    Our DL is in worse shape than our LB corps.
    We've actually got an ok LB corps when they're all healthy.

Blog Entries

I disagree about the Dline, we just need a legit NT, unless we want to go to a 4-3 scheme, in which case a line of Suggs, Ngata, McPhee, and Upshaw is good enough. The LB's are to blame IMO, we need more talent there. McClellan and Ellerbe are the only guys who have impressed me this year.

I do agree. Out of a 3 man line, i think we have 1 legit starters. McPhee, Jones and Cody would be an acceptable to good second wave, but gettign a NT to supplant Cody and a real 3 down 5 techniqe would help a whole lot.

I also agree that with a healthy Suggs, Ellerbe and McLain, even without Ray we could have an acceptable LBing corps. If Kruger does in fact leave like ti looks like, some deph would certainly be helpful.

That said, IMO our Offensive line is easily our worst position group on the team. Yanda is a good-great guard, but, IMO our only average or better starter. AT RT Oher is perhaps average, and at Gurd I think he could be Yanda good or better. I'm willing to give Gino a shot and KO a chance to grow, so it looks like, as I have said basically all year, LT is our biggest need by a MONUMENTAL margin. Trade up in the first if need be. Heck, I'd even trade our second to move up for the right player. Back o topic, that means Cary is a luxury we can't afford.

Blog Entries
    Our lbs are fine IMO. They will look better with a legit dline

Blog Entries

I want to see more athleticism from our lb corps. The inability of them to drop into coverage makes our secondary look worse than it is, IMO.