Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Cary Signed tender

Williams is probably still worth close to the contract he turned down, but he has been fairly decent for us this year. Keep in mind that Raven cornerbacks have had to stick with their receivers far more often than most other CBs this year. Typically, when we are giving up the big passing #s, it coincides with a non-existent pass rush. QBs have had all day to throw the ball this year. It's embarrassing actually.

Williams is probably closer to being an asset this year than he has been a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Something he picked up in Colorado or Washington. Cary still looks lost out there way too often.
    I liked how Decker kept running the same comeback route over and over and over, and each time he got more separation.

Williams is at worst a league average starter and will likely get mroe hten $20m in his next contract elsewhere.

OF note, EVERY CB looks lost out there toomuch if you watch them enough. Some big names signed for big dollars playing FAR worse then Cary are Dunta Robinson and DeAngelo Hall. Nnamdi as well, but IMO that's simply the case of a scheme mismatch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    For all the crap he's taken, he really hasn't been all that bad this year, other than a couple games to start the year.
    Yeah, I agree. He's gotten better, especially since he's been playing closer to the line of scrimmage.

I think the Denver game is a great example of his season. Close coverage, a few batted balls and a few mental mistakes that allow a big play.

iggyman555 Guest

the only reason cary looked better since webby got injured is because other teams are picking on our other bum CBs that are worse than cary

Cary Williams is not that bad of a corner, matter of fact I would say that he is above average. Too many fans expect these guys to be shut down corners and never allow a pass completed or a TD scored against then. Fact is, even the best corners in the league get beat and burned from time to time.
    If Lardarius Webb comes back full strength from his knee injury, I'd be more than happy with a cornerback roster of Webb/Williams/Graham/Smith.

Blog Entries

Cary is durable and he has room to grow, the guy was a practice squad player we forget that? to even be starter now in his career talks about the type of work and skills he posses. If Jimmy start to even play like Cary at some point i would be happy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    You put Cary on a team with a solid Pass Rush and he'd probably play up to last years level again (not that he's been all that bad this year).
    agreed; with no pressure he's sometimes getting exposed. At least he is one two defenders to start every game this year.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Williams is at worst a league average starter and will likely get mroe hten $20m in his next contract elsewhere.

OF note, EVERY CB looks lost out there toomuch if you watch them enough. Some big names signed for big dollars playing FAR worse then Cary are Dunta Robinson and DeAngelo Hall. Nnamdi as well, but IMO that's simply the case of a scheme mismatch.
    This...corners get overpaid and it's usually a scarce amount of good ones in free agency so the warms bodies that could do at least a decent job get paid, i.e. Foxworth. I think Cary has been above average the second half of the year after a brutal start.

I have no problems with the way Cary has played this year. It would be nice if his safety help was consistent, too...

Blog Entries

Where would we be without cary? Up shits creek if yiu ask me. He wasnt to good to start the year, but he also was coming off injury/surgery and clearly wasnt 100%. I think hes played pretty well overall and although i dont think hell get a contract at higher than 5/year, i do think hell sign a 4-5 year deal somewhere. Maybe even here.
    -JAB

12. Re: Cary Signed tender

Right now he's one of our best defensive players.
    Since he's:
    a) a starter
    b) a veteran
    c) healthy

Cary wouldn't look half as bad as he does if Reed would stop guessing and gambling so much.