Blog Entries

Ogden called it

http://russellstreetreport.com/jonat...ffensive-line/

JO pretty much nail it on the head and pretty much confirmed the "doghouse"

Re: Ogden called it

I think he was being nice to Oher.

Blog Entries

I don't think he's using "dog house" in the same way some fans here are.

The "dog house" according to Ogden is on McKinnie: what he's not doing to supplant Oher at LT.

Most of the "dog house" believers here think Harbaugh refuses to play someone who is better because he's mad at them- that despite what they do to earn a place on the field, Harbaugh isn't going to allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    http://russellstreetreport.com/jonat...ffensive-line/

JO pretty much nail it on the head and pretty much confirmed the "doghouse"
    How you could possibly misread his use of the term doghouse is beyond me. Read the context. "“I’m assuming that if [coaches] do like they’ve always done, they’re evaluating practice tape every single day, every play, every snap. If he’s not on the field by now, it’s obvious he’s not doing what he needs to be doing in the weight room, in the film room to say to the coaches, ‘Hey, Mike is struggling, I’m ready to go back in there, put me in, coach.”

He's not describing the mythical doghouse of this board that some people love to insist exists. He meant (and clearly articulated) that McKinnie isn't showing the effort or desire to play and that he's not giving the coaches a reason to assume he'd be an upgrade. You literally saw the word doghouse and ignored EVERYTHING in the paragraph to come to the conclusion you did.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Everyone grab something & hold on tight:

I agree 100% with Slammin' Spammy Bot.

Re "doghouse," I stand also with Inigo Montoya: You killed my father, prepare to die--

(-um, sorry, wrong quote. This one: ) You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

it refreshing to have someone be direct versus beat around the bush. in essence, JO is confirming what many know about oher at left tackle but won't admit.

Sorry I don't see anything earth shattering here. We know Oher is not a natural LT and we know there's a doghouse.

Blog Entries

JO said that Oher is a good LT, and that's being pretty nice IMO.

Oher can be a great guard though.

Blog Entries

Of all the dumb ideas floated by small segments of Raven fans, the "McKinnie is better but the coaches won't play him because they don't like him" argument is up there among the most delusional.

I was about to say it was the most delusional, but then I remembered all those "Fire Harbaugh" comments and realized that the tin-foil hat brigade is outnumbered by the "no fucking idea about anything" brigade.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Of all the dumb ideas floated by small segments of Raven fans, the "McKinnie is better but the coaches won't play him because they don't like him" argument is up there among the most delusional.

I was about to say it was the most delusional, but then I remembered all those "Fire Harbaugh" comments and realized that the tin-foil hat brigade is outnumbered by the "no fucking idea about anything" brigade.
    :word

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

It's one thing for me to think it, and another to hear Jon Ogden say it.

I dont want to speak for anyone else here, but JO knows quite a bit about playing the Tackle position than I do. I value his opinion a lot.

Blog Entries

the doghouse is very real, damn near every blogger on this website have written about it at one point.