Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Cary Signed tender

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I agree with this. We need to spend money on the lines. I think we'll be fine with Webb and jimmy smith and Corey Graham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I liek Cary, but you guys are right. Cary will command $7ish million per year, and that is more then we can afford at a position of "relative" depth on thi team. Our OL is in shambles, our LB corps is in shambles and we need to handle our QB position. I thik he will be one of few Ravens to leave and move on to bigger things elsewhere. I don't think it will be an issue of want, simply an issue of need.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Our OL is in shambles, our LB corps is in shambles and we need to handle our QB position.
    Our DL is in worse shape than our LB corps.
    We've actually got an ok LB corps when they're all healthy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    I disagree about the Dline, we just need a legit NT, unless we want to go to a 4-3 scheme, in which case a line of Suggs, Ngata, McPhee, and Upshaw is good enough. The LB's are to blame IMO, we need more talent there. McClellan and Ellerbe are the only guys who have impressed me this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    I do agree. Out of a 3 man line, i think we have 1 legit starters. McPhee, Jones and Cody would be an acceptable to good second wave, but gettign a NT to supplant Cody and a real 3 down 5 techniqe would help a whole lot.

I also agree that with a healthy Suggs, Ellerbe and McLain, even without Ray we could have an acceptable LBing corps. If Kruger does in fact leave like ti looks like, some deph would certainly be helpful.

That said, IMO our Offensive line is easily our worst position group on the team. Yanda is a good-great guard, but, IMO our only average or better starter. AT RT Oher is perhaps average, and at Gurd I think he could be Yanda good or better. I'm willing to give Gino a shot and KO a chance to grow, so it looks like, as I have said basically all year, LT is our biggest need by a MONUMENTAL margin. Trade up in the first if need be. Heck, I'd even trade our second to move up for the right player. Back o topic, that means Cary is a luxury we can't afford.

Blog Entries
    Our lbs are fine IMO. They will look better with a legit dline

I want to see more athleticism from our lb corps. The inability of them to drop into coverage makes our secondary look worse than it is, IMO.

Blog Entries
    Our lbs are fine IMO. They will look better with a legit dline.

Blog Entries
    Double post