Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Offense

Re: The Offense

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While I agree that our offense should have been more effective in 2011, it is true that we really were a dropped pass away from a Super bowl appearance. Are you disputing that fact? Anyway, the Ravens defense (as strong as it was) still wasn't up to the 2000/01 version standards. I'm not trying to defend Cam (I think he should be gone), but let's not lay the entire blame on his shoulders... Bc
    Your right, the blame also goes to who let's Cam remain as coach. Not just Cam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Your right, the blame also goes to who let's Cam remain as coach. Not just Cam.
    I'm sure they were just being careful. Last year the lockout and this year the DC leaves so they probably didn't want that much of a turnover. Cam is just lucky.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    How about the Oline; they have to hold the protection to allow patterns to develop or its more dump offs and quick slants/outs

Bingo!! The running game dropped off last year as well. The O line has to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I subscribe to the theory that they are risk averse, not only as a coaching staff, but as an organization. As far as what happened with Boldin, that was just poor planning. Back to Ozzie and Co., they believe running the ball, playing good defense, avoiding turnovers and letting the defense hold the lead in the fourth quarter will bring success. So far it has, although once the level in talent and coaching acumen increases, they are not as consistent winning games. That's why the upcoming season will be so revealing. They will face every top quarterback there is, with the exception of Stafford and Brees which means they will have to be more consistent on offense. Will they be? Time will tell.
    Not only adverse but poor scouting as well. I'm going to beat a dead horse here but I will never forget after 2008 season and the poor performance of our receivers in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP, it was clear to most we needed to address that position. We didn't because Ozzie believed that Demetrius Williams was the answer to our receiving needs. So it's a combination of philosophy and poor judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    I'm sure they were just being careful. Last year the lockout and this year the DC leaves so they probably didn't want that much of a turnover. Cam is just lucky.
    Its only people on the message boards that are saying that the only reason that Cam is still here is because of a rookie quarterback (2008), a lockout (2010), no suitable replacement/too much turnover with the coaching staff (2011), i forgot what the excuse was in 2009. The reality is that the Raven's braintrust wants him here.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Its only people on the message boards that are saying that the only reason that Cam is still here is because of a rookie quarterback (2008), a lockout (2010), no suitable replacement/too much turnover with the coaching staff (2011), i forgot what the excuse was in 2009. The reality is that the Raven's braintrust wants him here.
    I agree.

I do not get why Cam is made a scapegoat on a team that the main complaint is they have not won the SB yet. I mean dang. I think every team wants to win the SB and it isthe goal, but it is not like the Ravens have stunk with Cam as OC or been so good that the only thing holding them back was Cam, seems off.

If the team loses and it was one guys fault, it probably was a lot of other guys before it was the OC. Recently when the Ravens woulda coulda shoulda gone to the SB, it was a turnover or 3, a drop and shanked kick, a penalty, a blown coverage or a 3 man rush.

To constantly single out Cam seems like more of an Ohio football fan thing to do. The Ravens are close. They have been good enough to have a good chance, they just have not gotten it done, yet.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I agree.

I do not get why Cam is made a scapegoat on a team that the main complaint is they have not won the SB yet. I mean dang. I think every team wants to win the SB and it isthe goal, but it is not like the Ravens have stunk with Cam as OC or been so good that the only thing holding them back was Cam, seems off.

If the team loses and it was one guys fault, it probably was a lot of other guys before it was the OC. Recently when the Ravens woulda coulda shoulda gone to the SB, it was a turnover or 3, a drop and shanked kick, a penalty, a blown coverage or a 3 man rush.

To constantly single out Cam seems like more of an Ohio football fan thing to do. The Ravens are close. They have been good enough to have a good chance, they just have not gotten it done, yet.
    Well said. I think any reasonable Ravens fan feels the same way. Because of a certain amount of ambiguity in blaming a Coordinator as opposed to a HC, QB etc. Cam is the perfect whipping boy. This is not to say I advocate Cam, but this Ravens fan meme about Cam only being around because of harbaugh, or the other various unfounded accept truths is an insult to Biscuit and Oz. If they felt this team would be better off without Cam this year or he last, he would be gone.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

I agree.

That's exactly how it is. Our defense has been good enough to win a super bowl, but our offense has held us back. Cam's "play not to lose" style has hurt our chances at winning a Lombardi trophy. Furthermore, we won't win one as long as he is calling the shots on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Well said. I think any reasonable Ravens fan feels the same way. Because of a certain amount of ambiguity in blaming a Coordinator as opposed to a HC, QB etc. Cam is the perfect whipping boy. This is not to say I advocate Cam, but this Ravens fan meme about Cam only being around because of harbaugh, or the other various unfounded accept truths is an insult to Biscuit and Oz. If they felt this team would be better off without Cam this year or he last, he would be gone.
    The Ravens front office is totally ok with having a mediocre offense. They, like everyone, have to know that this team would be better off without Cam.

That's exactly how it is. Our defense has been good enough to win a super bowl, but our offense has held us back. Cam's "play not to lose" style has hurt our chances at winning a Lombardi trophy. Furthermore, we won't win one as long as he is calling the shots on offense.
    Obviously I disagree, but even if it was just the overall production of the O holding the team back, I would still tend to look at the OL, WRs and Flacco's inconsistancy before putting the blame on the OC.

I have not been 100% satisfied with the O since Cam took over or anything, but I just do not think he has been responsible for the team not getting over the top. The turnovers, the drops and the missed kick were much bigger factors than playcalling IMO.

:T2:

Obviously I disagree, but even if it was just the overall production of the O holding the team back, I would still tend to look at the OL, WRs and Flacco's inconsistancy before putting the blame on the OC.

I have not been 100% satisfied with the O since Cam took over or anything, but I just do not think he has been responsible for the team not getting over the top. The turnovers, the drops and the missed kick were much bigger factors than playcalling IMO.
    Its been his whole "play not to lose" personna that's infected the team. Some of those games shouldn't have come down to the plays that cost us.

Its been his whole "play not to lose" personna that's infected the team. Some of those games shouldn't have come down to the plays that cost us.
    Exactly!!!! Seems every game no matter the quality of opponent isn't decided til 5 minutes to go in most cases. Seems everygame they score 20-23 points either having to score at the end or having to hold them defensively.