Blog Entries

Super Sleeper team from DraftCountdown

Check out the Ravens on this guy's list :

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...r-Sleepers.php

This may be 12 days late, but might interest you guys just the same... Bc

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Super Sleeper team from DraftCountdown

Bc--
    Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if the Ravens ended up with an impact "sleeper" on offense AND defense.

For those who haven't checked Bc's link, Gradkowski and Jean-Baptiste are Ravens draftees listed as being on the Draft Countdown site "president's" picks as guys who had potential to make a roster and contribute. From what I've read on this board and elsewhere, it sounds as if Jean-Baptiste will have a higher hurdle than Gradkowski, but I guess we'll find out within about 4 months.

Blog Entries

All I know is that Jean-Baptiste was considered by many to have a mid round grade on him for 3-4 teams looking for a NT. He's got a good first step on him and is built like a little bowling ball.

He was rolling over kids during the East/West Shrine Bowl.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I went back and watched the full game when Baylor played Iowa state earlier in the 2011 season, so got to watch both Osemele and Jean Baptiste playing against each other.

Of course they never really collided, since Baptise is a nose tackle, and Osemele was playing left tackle in 2011, however there was some good points for both players. Osemele physically dominated everyone on the Baylor team, anyone who tried to bull rush him just got put on his ass, whenever Iowa ran the ball, there would rarely be a time where a Baylor player didn't get shoved back into the air. Osemele did struggle with the speed rush, and struggled at times as a pass protector, I don't think he can survive on an island right now in the NFL. He has guard written all over him, and I think he is going to dominate the middle of that Ravens offensive line along with Gradkowski (haven't watched tape on him, so will have to wait for the pre season to judge him) and Yanda for years to come.

Baptiste was pretty dominating at times in this game, does generate some pass rush (better than Cody in that department from what I seen) generates pressure against the run, but does not eat up blockers anywhere near as good as Ngata or Cody does, but that's excusable for an UDRFA. Has durability issues, but he is a big man at 330 lbs + at 6'2. I personally think this was a steal to get him at this point, and I think he could be a good player rotating with Cody at the NT position.

Blog Entries

There is actually a 3rd name on the list who was signed by the Ravens. John Brantly (QB from Florida)... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    There is actually a 3rd name on the list who was signed by the Ravens. John Brantly (QB from Florida)... Bc
    I would prefer him to be the third QB on the roster if we decide to go there, then having Curtis Painter on the team..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I would prefer him to be the third QB on the roster if we decide to go there, then having Curtis Painter on the team..
    I fully agree. We already know what Painter can (really can't) do, so let's give the young guy (Brantly) a chance... Bc

Blog Entries

Pretty funny since Scott Wright had Gino Gradkowski listed as the 2nd biggest reach of the draft in his list from last week. Now he's on the all sleeper team? Way to hedge your bets Scott

Blog Entries

why exactly did Jean-Baptiste go undrafted? Injuries?
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Nothing in particular, nose tackle is another position that isn't really highly valued.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Bc-
    Sorry, my bad, I didn't realize Brantly (sp?) had been signed.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    That has me curious too, especially for a guy of that size at the position. Something smells funny.