Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - How bout dem O's hon!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Unless their defense improves, it's going to be a slow bleed like we're seeing.

Only 2.5 games separate them and the last place Sawx, and they're surging right now.
    Honestly...if they can finish this season above .500, that would be enough for me. I havent given up hope though....its a long season. Losing streaks are going to happen, lets see how they bounce back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Honestly...if they can finish this season above .500, that would be enough for me. I havent given up hope though....its a long season. Losing streaks are going to happen, lets see how they bounce back.
    same here ... been saying that for quite a few years....

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    same here ... been saying that for quite a few years....
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Unless their defense improves, it's going to be a slow bleed like we're seeing.

Only 2.5 games separate them and the last place Sawx, and they're surging right now.
    Defense and starting pitching. They haven't been getting quality efforts lately. Well, they face the Rays and the Sawx next, will be interesting to see how they weather this storm.

Like other posters said, I'd be very happy with a finish above .500 for a change.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

"Looks like the wheels are coming off now for the O's. Starting to feel like the 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 collapse Orioles baseball again."
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Looks like the wheels are coming off now for the O's. Starting to feel like the 2006 collapse again.
    I think everyone expected it to happen soon anyway. They were playing above their heads for the first two months and now they'll begin to settle in to their customary last place position. I wish someone would at least ask the Oriole's hitters to shorten up their swing with two strikes. Way too many strikeouts, especially with men on base. They seldom make productive outs.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    "Looks like the wheels are coming off now for the O's. Starting to feel like the 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 collapse Orioles baseball again."
    You forgot about 1998 and 1999 but the reason I mentioned 2006 is that they were in first place I think until the all star game that year, if not it was very close to the all star game when they fell out of first.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I think everyone expected it to happen soon anyway. They were playing above their heads for the first two months and now they'll begin to settle in to their customary last place position. I wish someone would at least ask the Oriole's hitters to shorten up their swing with two strikes. Way too many strikeouts, especially with men on base. They seldom make productive outs.
    What dirves me crazy is that they have stopped playing good baseball again, errors in the field, and free swinging. I swear if you watch them they will be patient until they swing and miss at a pitch from that point on in the at bat they seem to swing at every pitch no matter where it is. The number one complaint I have had about this team over the years is that I don't like watching bad baseball, if they played the game the right way, tried hard, and still lost fine I wouldn't be happy but I could stomach watching. I usually stop watching when I just can't stand to see them do fundamental things wrong, play lazy, and not seem to care which is what I am starting to see now with some of the players. What I don't understand is this has been with multiple managers, and hitting coaches, why doesn't this ever change. You don't have to have talent to try hard and focus on the fundamentals. To succeed with less talent you have to work twice as hard not half as hard as the other teams.

Rant over. I wish I could manage this team for a month, I am not saying I would be a better manager than anyone; But I would lay the smack down when they loafed it to first, and did not play fundamental baseball.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

You forgot about 1998 and 1999 but the reason I mentioned 2006 is that they were in first place I think until the all star game that year, if not it was very close to the all star game when they fell out of first.
    I didn't forget, I just got tired of typing.

I understood you were making a particular reference and I completely watered it down to make my point, my apologies. ;)

I didn't think it would last this season. I was glad it went as well as it did for awhile, but historically mediocre relief pitchers were eventually going to revert to the norm, and career .250 (or whatever) hitters were not going to keep hitting .300. It was a house built on quicksand.

Still, I hope they win. It makes you guys happy, and it shuts me up when I feel like being a Debbie Downer about baseball.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Lets not forget they lead the AL in errors.

Blog Entries

Well at least they didn't lose last night.

Blog Entries

What dirves me crazy is that they have stopped playing good baseball again, errors in the field, and free swinging. I swear if you watch them they will be patient until they swing and miss at a pitch from that point on in the at bat they seem to swing at every pitch no matter where it is. The number one complaint I have had about this team over the years is that I don't like watching bad baseball, if they played the game the right way, tried hard, and still lost fine I wouldn't be happy but I could stomach watching. I usually stop watching when I just can't stand to see them do fundamental things wrong, play lazy, and not seem to care which is what I am starting to see now with some of the players. What I don't understand is this has been with multiple managers, and hitting coaches, why doesn't this ever change. You don't have to have talent to try hard and focus on the fundamentals. To succeed with less talent you have to work twice as hard not half as hard as the other teams.

Rant over. I wish I could manage this team for a month, I am not saying I would be a better manager than anyone; But I would lay the smack down when they loafed it to first, and did not play fundamental baseball.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.