Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: OT - How bout dem O's hon!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I can assure you that you are 100% wrong on that and if the Orioles remain in the hunt throughout this year, come August, that place will be packed nightly. Guarantee it. People don't show up because people aren't going to spend their hard earned money on a poor product, not because of who owns the team - that may be the reason for some but for the majority that is absolutely incorrect, and if/when the Orioles are good again, even if Angelos is the owner, you'll see that.

I used to go to games all the time. I've gone to less and less over the past couple years, not because of Angelos, because I'm not spending the 100$+ to go out to the park just to see them get hammered 12-3. Just wait and see what happens if they stay in the race. If they are in first in late July, you bet your ass I'll be out there at the park.
    I can assure you that you are in the very small minority.

This franchise's problems run WAY deeper than winning or losing, WAY deeper my friend.

And they won't be ignored, not by me at least just because of a few more wins.

JFS, while I haven't spent money on the team yet, I will if they manage to field a consistently competitive team. That's the only thing ownership owes us. If Angelos can put a winner out there, then I'll start paying him for doing it.

Big if though.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rizax3
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    JFS, while I haven't spent money on the team yet, I will if they manage to field a consistently competitive team. That's the only thing ownership owes us. If Angelos can put a winner out there, then I'll start paying him for doing it.

Big if though.

---
    Hey man more power to ya but it won't be me.

They will be winning in spite of Angelos, not because of him if they keep this up.

You guys can "not spend a dime" all you want, but you're missing out on great baseball.

Seems a little hard headed.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    You guys can "not spend a dime" all you want, but you're missing out on great baseball.

Agreed. Get while the getting is good. I just bought tix to see the Birds play the Halos when they're out here on the West Coast in July.

LETS GO OOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!! TAKE CARE OF THE RANGERS TONIGHT!!!!

and i have the throwback Os hat but the logo is grey!

i know its a silly statement but i think theyre winnin due to bringing in the old logo back

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post

To each their own.

Personally, if I go to a restaurant over and over again and get an inferior product, I stop going. And it will take more than a few splashes of mild success to get me to go back.

And I'm not missing anything, thanks for TV. That horrible defense is going to catch up to them eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    To each their own.

Personally, if I go to a restaurant over and over again and get an inferior product, I stop going. And it will take more than a few splashes of mild success to get me to go back.

And I'm not missing anything, thanks for TV. That horrible defense is going to catch up to them eventually.
    I guess the glass you're holding is half empty, huh?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post

Big if though.

---
    I think you'll have plenty of company if they can turn things around. I don't like angelos and would never defend him, but they way I look at it he is just a piss-poor caretraker. At some point he expires and the next caretaker moves in. If it's his son then we'll just have to wait and see how he runs things. But I have been an O's fan for life and I will be there if they are still in contention in late summer.

In Kansas City for the game.

Can one of you who are more baseball knowledgeable tell me something about the two pitchers tonight?

If your nugget is good enough, I will pass it off as my own with little or no attribution.

:D

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    In Kansas City for the game.

Can one of you who are more baseball knowledgeable tell me something about the two pitchers tonight?

If your nugget is good enough, I will pass it off as my own with little or no attribution.

:D
    Nothing about the pitchers but the just showed some idiot in the stands wearing a suit like he was at a funeral or something. What kind of fool wears a suit to a game? 1964 called and the want their style back. Weird people in KC I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Nothing about the pitchers but the just showed some idiot in the stands wearing a suit like he was at a funeral or something. What kind of fool wears a suit to a game? 1964 called and the want their style back. Weird people in KC I guess.
    It's a light gray suit, nothing suitable for a funeral.

;)