Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: OT - How bout dem O's hon!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulahoo View Post
    When was the last time you could say that a guy who went 0 for 8 struck 5 times and hit into a DP won the game? Someone mentioned earlier that we should wait until the all star break since that is when the swoon usually starts. I beg to differ. The Orioles are usually out of it by end of May.
    I agree. If you wait until the all star break, you're missing out on great baseball, even if they do "return" to normal by the ASG.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater_Rider View Post
    Finally something to follow besides the Ravens. I missed Orioles baseball. Glad they are competing.
    For now. :)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulahoo View Post
    When was the last time you could say that a guy who went 0 for 8 struck 5 times and hit into a DP won the game?
    Well, I don't know about the striking out five times and hitting into a double play part, but the last time a guy went 0-8 and was the winning pitcher was 1905. Rube Waddell.

Blog Entries

The way they are winning seems more sustainable than in the past, less smoke and mirrors like recent years and more having good baseball players. I'm not saying they will or that I expect them to sustain the success they are having, but it is certainly more reasonable to think they can this year than in the past.

The Guthrie for Hammels/Lindstrom trade has to be considered the best trade of the year at this point. That trade was ridiculed at the time but it looks damn good now.

Who is to say that these Orioles can't be the 2008 Rays, a team that went 66-96 the year before, then went 97-65?

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Almost like the days of Len Sakata being brought in to catch - and the base runners being so hyped to steal on his arm - the 3 outs were registed on pick offs!
    And Roenicke was moved to 3rd, and Lowenstein to 2nd. Martinez said he kept throwing to first because Eddie Murray was the only guy he recognized.

Going to my first game of the year tonight. Any of you other wide eyed optimists joining me?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cezwox
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by JettRavensSuperPup View Post
    Imagine, Davis strikes out 5 times, hits into a double play, grounds out like 2 more times...so they make him a pitcher and he gets the win! Who pitches tomorrow, JJ Hardy?

Hey, whats our magic number for clinching the playoffs? LOL
    First time in over 100 years that a player went 0-8 at the plate and got a win.

Wouldn't it be something if all they needed to do is go back to the cartoon bird? Loved that logo as a kid and I am starting to love it all over again.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Going to my first game of the year tonight. Any of you other wide eyed optimists joining me?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cezwox
    Nope, as long as the man that owns the team still does he won't get a penny of my money outside being extorted for the MASN monthly charge.

That is what a lot of people don't seem to get, the ballpark being empty is only partly because of the losing but it has more to do with the owner than anything else. I don't care if we are in 1st place in August you won't see me there.

I refuse to support that old man's reign of terror with one penny spent in that ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Nope, as long as the man that owns the team still does he won't get a penny of my money outside being extorted for the MASN monthly charge.

That is what a lot of people don't seem to get, the ballpark being empty is only partly because of the losing but it has more to do with the owner than anything else. I don't care if we are in 1st place in August you won't see me there.

I refuse to support that old man's reign of terror with one penny spent in that ballpark.
    Agreed.

I did take the wife to a game when we were in Bmore last year. She isn't from Baltimore but wanted to see Camden Yards.

It took us getting free tickets from a family member in order to get me to go and once there, I didn't buy one beer or one bite of food.

As long as Angelos is the owner, not a dime of my money goes to that team.

Heh... I got my tickets from the red cross by donating blood. And I'm at the bar now, making sure I have no need of food nor libation. So I guess I'm the same as you guys.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post

I can assure you that you are 100% wrong on that and if the Orioles remain in the hunt throughout this year, come August, that place will be packed nightly. Guarantee it. People don't show up because people aren't going to spend their hard earned money on a poor product, not because of who owns the team - that may be the reason for some but for the majority that is absolutely incorrect, and if/when the Orioles are good again, even if Angelos is the owner, you'll see that.

I used to go to games all the time. I've gone to less and less over the past couple years, not because of Angelos, because I'm not spending the 100$+ to go out to the park just to see them get hammered 12-3. Just wait and see what happens if they stay in the race. If they are in first in late July, you bet your ass I'll be out there at the park.